ArtConversation  

Go Back   ArtConversation > Questions
User Name
Password

Questions     Ask the community for answers or help here.

    lee reynolds

 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default lee reynolds

i have a ridiculous cool painting by lee reynolds and was wondering its worth and if students painted it or himself. it has a receipt saying vanguard studios and a catalog number of 537. also it still has the sticker when bought in the 60s or 70s i believe. its cost was 71.91$ the picture has no animals or people or signs in it but it shows a series of abstract buildings in which it looks like it was in a venice type setting. anybod know if there is a catalog somewhere so i can find its history.thnx
  Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #2
Eirene
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,105
Default

Is this the painting?

"Its a large Van Gaard. Originally painted by Lee Reynolds Burr, the director of the Van Gaard studios, that was located in Hollywood California. Signed Van Gaard as Lee signed his paintings when he was running the studio."

Just scroll down a bit.

http://wagcollectibles.com/paintings.html

See the thread titled Lee Burr. Lee Burr is also Lee Reynolds.

Quote from thread:

Here's my research on finding out if you own a Lee Burr original. Submit a photo of your painting to:

http://www.leereynoldsart.info/EastP...rkGallery.html

Lots of info on that website as well.

Last edited by Eirene : September 29th, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default Large Lee Reynolds Painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirene
Is this the painting?

"Its a large Van Gaard. Originally painted by Lee Reynolds Burr, the director of the Van Gaard studios, that was located in Hollywood California. Signed Van Gaard as Lee signed his paintings when he was running the studio."

Just scroll down a bit.

http://wagcollectibles.com/paintings.html

See the thread titled Lee Burr. Lee Burr is also Lee Reynolds.

Quote from thread:

Here's my research on finding out if you own a Lee Burr original. Submit a photo of your painting to:

http://www.leereynoldsart.info/EastP...rkGallery.html

Lots of info on that website as well.
Yeah, So far none of the information I've found is useful the links provided are all ad's and none that actually tell you were to go look for info on a lee Reynolds painting.
  Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #4
Eirene
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,105
Default

This thread is almost two years old..links have changed.

See this most recent one.
http://www.artconversation.com/quest...-painting.html
  Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #5
bigjoekool@gmail.com
 
Posts: n/a
Default the

Big oneHi Lee a have one.of your oldest. Painting. That's not any were on the web it a large painting. I will send you a picture. Of it please let m..e no. How much.it is thanks joe
  Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #6
llibeyak1@q.com
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have a very large oil painting of some Indian pots by Lee Reynolds. I would like to verify Mr. Reynolds signature on the painting and have an idea of value for insurance purposes. Thank you.
Kaye
  Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default

not original if it has a stamp
  Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #8
bella14120
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
Default Lee burr Reynolds

Name:  painting.jpg
Views: 8900
Size:  64.7 KB
Okay,since I just received a painting that is signed Lee Burr ,I live in north tonawanda,ny. This painting he did is of Our "Main" street in town(which is now a pizza joint) with an old Hotel and it's dark with a sunset in the background.I have not seen another like that anywhere online.I'm attaching a photo of it. Since it is a painting of my town ,would it be worth more? Let me know what you think.Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:21 PM   #9
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default Wondering about this lee reynolds painting.

Cannot find this anywhere. Bought it at a rummage sale. Verified an original painting but by the lee Reynolds? Golfer oil painting
  Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #10
cmdehlinger
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Default Lee Reynolds Burr

I also have a painting signed Lee Reynolds... after hours of research i have read that in fact did sign his paintings Lee Reynolds until he started letting students at Vanguard sign this name at witch time he started signing Lee Burr. I cannot find this painting anywhere. It has the number 60554 written on the back as well as a sticker that says "DANCING HORSES" and AMT60554..../what does this mean. Thanks for any info and I can email pics if you would like.
Thanks

I did upload pics but not sure if it worked...Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-27 10.11.12.jpg (81.4 KB, 432 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-09-27 10.09.34.jpg (77.8 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-09-27 10.09.41.jpg (82.6 KB, 278 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM   #11
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have this same painting, got it for a dollar at a garage sale
  Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #12
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Greetings! I am a teacher in Michigan and we have this exact picture and frame hanging in our school's office. I wonder how many are out there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bella14120
Attachment 6144
Okay,since I just received a painting that is signed Lee Burr ,I live in north tonawanda,ny. This painting he did is of Our "Main" street in town(which is now a pizza joint) with an old Hotel and it's dark with a sunset in the background.I have not seen another like that anywhere online.I'm attaching a photo of it. Since it is a painting of my town ,would it be worth more? Let me know what you think.Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:05 PM   #13
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default Floral painting on canvas. signed by Lee Reynolds

I have had this painting for years, I bought it at a yard sale. It match my color scheme in my livingroom. I just decided to take a closer look at it and it is signed by Lee Reynolds. It is an oil painting with three large flowers on it. The picture does appear to have some sort of sealant on it. Can anyone tell me more about this painting?
  Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #14
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella14120
Attachment 6144
Okay,since I just received a painting that is signed Lee Burr ,I live in north tonawanda,ny. This painting he did is of Our "Main" street in town(which is now a pizza joint) with an old Hotel and it's dark with a sunset in the background.I have not seen another like that anywhere online.I'm attaching a photo of it. Since it is a painting of my town ,would it be worth more? Let me know what you think.Thank you.

I have one too it's a copy found it in an op shop Australia,vic. don't know anything else about it
  Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #15
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default What is my painting worth?

I have this large 4'x5' painting, which I believe is a Lee Reynolds, and am curious as to what it would be worth. It is very modern w/ grecian/roman ladies and purple hues

Will email a picture if you are able to give me an accurate estimate
  Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #16
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Smile painting value

I have a lee reynolds of a forrest floor with mushrooms and leaves. How do I know if he painted it or students and is it worth anything?
  Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #17
1ROCKY
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Default Lee Reynolds Painting

I have a 4' x 5' painting signed by "Lee Reynolds". I'm sure it is a repro done by Vanguard but none the less i really like the painting. I believe it is an oil painting with pastel colors of flowers in a vase on a table. The colors are very soft. There is no "Vanguard" stamp however on the back of the painting there is what appears to be a hand written mark "6J2DAJ". Just curious as to what the mark is.

Thank you
Walt
  Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 02:31 PM   #18
caplask@charter.net
 
Posts: n/a
Default white sunflowers 4'x5'oil

He Had A Show In Nj In The Late 60's Early 70's Where I Found The White Sunflowers. Hard Getting Behind The Wooden Brace, But Back Seems To Read Lf 2347. It's Signed Lee Reynolds (not Burr). Has It Any Value After These 40 Years? I Had It In 3 Homes And Love It Regardless, But Wondered If It's A Staff Artist. Reviewing Multiple Sites, It Appears It Would Be Staff Artist. Anyone Know?
  Reply With Quote
Reply


 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.3.2 © 2005, Crawlability, Inc.