Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Salvatore Langella painting

Not sure if this is allowed here, but any help or perhaps can someone point me to the right direction. Any info on this painting would be helpful, and perhaps what it would be worth. Here are the dimensions of the painting
    Painting itself: 23 1/4 in by 47 in

With frame: 29 1/2 in by 53 1/2 in

Images from that site can't be embedded here, but here's a link to the painting.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2BATs3m

Comment

Not 100% convinced this is Salvatore Langella. That artist is quite a good painter but he specializes in still life paintings. Also the handwriting is somewhat similar, but in the few examples I looked at he signs his paintings "S. Langella" -- not simply "Langella".

Comment

Findartinfo has a couple listed under Langella...one still life and one canal scene. From what I can see [very tiny] the sig looks the same on the canal scene. There is a large Venetian scene on ebay listed for US$995.00 that I believe is signed S.Langella but I think the seller mistook the S for a J. There is also a large Greek ruins painting listed as Salvatore Langella on ebay signed only Langella - US750.00. The signatures seem to vary. I can't seem to locate a bio on a Salvatore Langella. Findartinfo has the birth date as 1900. All this was found via a search for Langella paintings on google image search.

I see you on reddit.

Comment

1900 on Findartinfo.com generally means 20th century, not necessarily born in that particular year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X