No announcement yet.

Is this an Edgar Hunt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have the same painting, same size, same signature , It seems to be a copy of a part of an original , on the original there is another hen with chicks so maybe done at an art class???
    Attached Files

Comment

I am looking to buy one at the moment, but I don't think its an original. The lady says she can prove it is, someone authenticated it. The problems I'm facing are, the way the hay and straw is painted plus the colours aren't vibrant enough. I'm no expert, but I think its fake, but what if I'm wrong. I'm trying to look at the signature but her photos are not clear enough

Comment

Hi. Where’s a good place to get my Edgar hunt oil painting appraised?

Comment

I've been following the discussion regarding Edgar Hunt. I have a painting, been in the family since the early 60's, approx. 30 ins by 20 ins, oil, subject is pastoral scene with white faced longwool sheep with lambs in the foreground, 2 children , girl kneeling and feeding the sheep with grass, behind her is a boy leaning on a wooden fence and stile. in the background is a thatched cottage on a hillside with some more sheep in the distance, in the near foreground, behind the children is a pond. The sheep are very detailed as is his style, however the overall composition is unlike any other of his later paintings. Dated 1900 , which was the year that his father Charles Hunt jnr died, could this be in the style of his father as a tribute? Another anomaly is that the signature is his whole name ie Edgar Hunt. I would welcome any views.

Comment

I purchased a painting at an estate sale almost 11 years ago - sold as a signed Edgar Hunt - but I was never able to have it authenticated. It appears very old and in fair condition. On the back you can tell there is a place that has been repaired. I am in the US and was told once that there was nobody in the US that could authenticate it. Would love any advice on how I may be able to have it authenticated ... it's been in a box in my closet for the last 10 years ...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi I too have the same problem. I have two painting one with Hunt and the other E H

Comment

I have a different "Hunt" oil on canvas stretcher frame (see pics, signed on left); looking for good appraiser in Virginia possibly.

Comment

Hi,, I am sorry to say it is probably from China I have seen a few of these before and they are not antique best wishes Cobwebb.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X