Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Information about Albert Brecht (painter)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information about Albert Brecht (painter)?

Hello,

I just bought a very large, framed, oil painting of flowers signed by A. Brecht. The note on the back of the frame says that Albert Brecht was born in 1920 in Munich, was partial to painting flowers, known for particularly appealing flower hues, and worked for some time decorating "china." In spite of an intensive search online, I cannot find any information about him.

The note was typed and has the tone of something written by a family member.

Wondering if anyone has any information about him?

Thanks so much!

Is this the painting?

http://auctionata.com/o/15547/oil-pa...t-germany-1950

This is all I could locate by A. Brecht. Interesting that Albrecht is the old Germanic form for Albert as in Albrecht D?rer.

Comment

Wow! That is not the painting, but very similar composition and coloring--and size. And definitely the same signature.

Thanks so much for finding that. What key words did you use?

Comment

I, too, have a painting that I purchased at an auction with a signature "A. Brecht". I cannot find anything on this painter or signature.

Comment

How valuable are his pieces? I have an original oil numbered, that I would like to sell.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X