X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying an artist named Chapman

I have a painting of a landscape oil on canvas and in the bottom left
    corner is signed Chapman, I think.
    I have found a couple of Chapmans but none that paint this type of subject matter.

Please Help!!!!

Thanks
    Wanda
    Attached Files

Hi Wanda try this link or paste it to your browser I think this is the artist.

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Comment

Thank you so much, it is definately the same type of subject matter and style!!

Comment

painting

Wanda, I too have an old oil painting that possibly is by the same artist. Did you find any details about the painter? Would love to find out about him/her. Thanks.

Dave

QUOTE=Wanda]I have a painting of a landscape oil on canvas and in the bottom left
        corner is signed Chapman, I think.
        I have found a couple of Chapmans but none that paint this type of subject matter.

Please Help!!!!

Thanks
        Wanda[/QUOTE]

Comment

Wanda,. I think this painting may be from the same artist. Had about 45 years. Would be interested to know more about artist. Signed lower left corner.

Carolyn
          Attached Files

Comment

Also looking for chapman, did anyone find out first name of thi painter?

Comment

I believe I have one as well with two leered before chapman either mo. Or no. Maybe a w

Comment

I have one too, I think there might be a w in front of chapman

Comment

Picture
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm fairly certain that W Chapman is a different artist than the artist in the first painting. any additional info about this artist?

Comment

Hi Wanda,

Can you resend me the link i cant seem to open it. My email id janevanasch@gmail.com

Comment

Did anybody get th link to work somewhere else?

Comment

I have two paintings by the “Chapman” artists and wish the link above worked! Any ideas

Comment

Thanks to this thread and other websites, I consolidated research about the artist at http://wchapman.org

Comment

I just purchased 3 paintings. The w Chapman is on th bottom right when looking at it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X