Sheldon Rose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheldon Rose

I cannot find any online information about Sheldon Rose. I purchased a piece engraved with his name dated 1968. It is a "collage" of wood printing press blocks mounted and framed. The frame measures 37" by 37". I have found a couple of his pieces listed in auctions, but no artist biography. The piece was originally purchased in a gallery in Seattle. Does anyone have any information about this artist?

Hello, I also have a large peice. I seached and serched and even talked to my daughter who has art back ground. Google sheldon rose alphasculp and up will com a link to an auction catalog. German I think but you can translate to english upon entering. It does list your piece. I think its good! Mine is 33 inches round set in a large tray. Ive found smaller ones. I think I will hang onto it I think I did well. I hope you did also. Hope I helped.

Comment

Originally posted by lakehouse148
      Hello, I also have a large peice. I seached and serched and even talked to my daughter who has art back ground. Google sheldon rose alphasculp and up will com a link to an auction catalog. German I think but you can translate to english upon entering. It does list your piece. I think its good! Mine is 33 inches round set in a large tray. Ive found smaller ones. I think I will hang onto it I think I did well. I hope you did also. Hope I helped.
      I also think so.

Comment

Sheldon Rose

I just found these postings-- and i too have several pieces and some thoughts about how to track down info. I do believe he exhibited his work in NYC in the early 1970's--But more importantly, there are a lot of clues in the pieces themselves--backwards if they are the original wood block sculptures. See if you can make out words, phrases and names--Maybe we should exchange pictures and continue this conversation amongst all of us Sheldon Rose collectors.

Comment

Sheldon Rose

Sheldon Rose was an apha-scrulpt artist who exhibited in the mid-60's into the early 70's. He had a number of gallery shows. Sheldon was my first cousin (since past) who graduated from Cooper Union, lived in the NYC area.
          He was really quite talented. I actually bought several bookends of his work at a NYC antiques show. His signature was a sculpture rose that was always part of his scultures. Hope this helps.

Comment

I have just come across a cast metal cube, bronze in color, by Sheldon Rose. It measures about 10 inches on a side and is mounted with one of the corners of the cube standing on a black painted wooden base. Does anyone know if this is how some of the original sculptures were editioned or is this some kind of copy? Many thanks for information.

Comment

Sheldon Rose sculpture

I also have one of the 31" sculptures, anyone interested in purchasing it?

Comment

Sheldon Rose Alphasculpt

Hi, I just noticed your entry about a piece for possible purchase by Sheldon Rose. You mentioned that it is 31". Is this a round piece? Thanks.

Comment

I am Shelley‘s niece what kind of information are you looking for ?

Comment

This is a message for Shelley's niece. I would love to correspond with you. I have been working on some research of his Alphasculpt works. Is there a way we might connect?

Comment

I have registered and I am posting this message again. This is a message for Shelley's niece. I would love to correspond with you. I have been working on some research of his Alphasculpt works for an article I am writing. Is there a way we might connect? I can give you my email address if I know you are watching this thread. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                        I am Shelley‘s niece what kind of information are you looking for ?
                        Hello, I have also come across a piece with the rose signature, however is is made of a translucent resin, not coloured and also 13” x 38” tall. Could it be a cast. Not sure? Sound familiar?

Comment

Hello, I have also come across a piece with the rose signature, however is is made of a translucent resin, not coloured and also 13” x 38” tall. Could it be a cast. Not sure? Sound familiar?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          x
                          Working...
                          X