H. Copeland Painting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H. Copeland Painting?

Does anyone know this artist? Here is an example of one of his painings.
    Attached Files

h copeland

Stella i too have an H. copeland painting. Yours is very nice. Mine is a little more rustic. Perhaps some of his earlier work. Have you any ifo on him yet. I have been trying to find out if this is worth anything or not.

Comment

H. Copeland

I too have an H. Copeland painting. The painting is very Saturday Evening Post/Norman Rockwell, and is of a fly fisherman. It is oil on board looking to date around the 1950's. Any information on this elusive and talented artist would greatly be appreciated. Thank you, Chad.

Comment

I live in chicago and I know an artist named Hal Copeland he gave me a couple of paintings I have his info but I don't know what his work is worth

Comment

H. Copeland

All, I haven't found anything out about my painting until I randomly came across a photo of Rothenburg, Germany and saw exactly the scene (he?) had painted. So I know now what he had painted in the picture is of the Plonlein Fork in Rothenburg, Germany. I still know nothing of the artist. I received this painting from my late grandparents and they lived in Chicago for some time. To the person who posted above this one, can you share the information on the artist you know as Hal Copeland? That is the best lead I have gotten thus far. As for the others with H. Copeland paintings, any chance you could attach a picture of your H. Copeland painting?

Comment

H. Copeland

I may be able to shed some light on Harold E. Copeland of Glenside,Pa. He was my grandfather and was born in 1898 I believe. He was a thread salesman all his life in the Philly area and hunted and fished like it was a full time job. He painted as a hobby and sold them at some banks in town and some art fairs. They are mostly landscapes, hunting, dogs, barns, and foreign scenes that he had photographs of. He passed away in about 1980/81 and my family and our cousins have lots of his art. The photo of Germany is his work. I have paintings that are signed H. Copeland and as H. E. Copeland. Dan Rieder
            danrieder@sbcglobal.net

Comment

H. Copeland

I have a ships at sea picture signed H. Copeland 1882. This picture has been in my family for over 50 years. I would love to know more about the artist. Thank you!

Comment

H E Copeland Paintings

All - I am the granddaughter of Harold E. Copeland. I would love to connect. My mother is his daughter. I am so excited!

Comment

Hello all - How excited I was to see the dialogue about my grandfather. Not sure why I chose to look for this tonight but thrilled that my cousin Dan responded too. My mother and Dan's are sisters and are Harold Copelands daughters. I would love to have photos of the paintings that you all have - it was such a joy to see the one photo as I remember watching him paint this - or one very much like it. I also have a version of the Rothenburg painting which I love. Happy to hear more... mccreedyd@gmail.com

Comment

Hello all - How excited I was to see the dialogue about my grandfather. Not sure why I chose to look for this tonight but thrilled that my cousin Dan responded too. My mother and Dan's are sisters and are Harold Copelands daughters. I would love to have photos of the paintings that you all have - it was such a joy to see the one photo as I remember watching him paint this - or one very much like it. I also have a version of the Rothenburg painting which I love. Happy to hear more... mccreedyd@gmail.com

PS sorry if I do this twice...I registered but it is not showing up so I am trying this with quick reply.

Comment

Hi! I have one of Harold E. Copeland's paintings, too. It is of a stream at a hunting club in Olney, Pa. He had a show of his works at the Glenside Library when I worked there during my early college years. I fell in love with it. I saw it again later when i had a job and when he was selling his paintings at Skippack Day. We talked, I put a deposit on it, and he held it for me until I saved up the price. He was very kind. It now occupies a dominant spot in my living room, these many years later.I never tire of looking at it. I am very sorry to hear of his passing.

Comment

Hi, again. I see that autocorrect "helped" me in my post above. The scene in the painting I have is in Oley, PA, in Berks County, not Olney (which is a neighborhood in Philadelphia.
                        Sorry about that! Estelle (cliff704@gmail.com).

Comment

Just saw that this was posted this past August. So happy to hear about this painting and how you got it. My grandfather was a big hunter and this was likely the same place he hunted for many years. I would love to receive a photo of it if it is not too difficult! I will post to your email directly as well. Thanks, !! Dale (his oldest daughter's daughter)

Comment

Hi – I just saw the posting about my grandfather’s painting of the gun club stream. I am Harold Edwin Copeland's oldest granddaughter - my mom was his oldest of two daughters. My grandfather would be about 118 now; my mom and aunt both passed away in the last couple of years in their late 80s.

So happy to hear about this and your story about how you got it. He was a special person and great artist. He loved hunting and spent lots of time hunting at that gun club!! If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, could you send a photo of it? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Dale McCreedy (mccreedyd@gmail.com)

Comment

I have a copy of a spa iel and her pup then i seen it as a1953 calender wonder if my painti g is the real mc Coy
                              Ann

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X