Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Oil Painting

I have an oil painting signed by Harry Hoffmann 1961. The painting and frame are originals. My parents purchased 5 from the same gentleman while stationed in Germany. On the back of the frame there is a piece of paper that has the following information:
    harry hoffman.kunstmaler
    bad ems schillerstraBe2
    telefon 2046

The name of the painting is written on the frame..
    Wasserfall @/munihen

I'm trying to find out the value of this painting for insurance, and living in the middle of Kentucky there's really no place I trust.

Any info you can give me will be very much appreciated!
    Please email [email protected]
    Barb

My family was stationed at Ramestein Air Force Base in 1967, we have several paintings by Harry Hoffman. He was friends to my family and we traveled all over Germany with him and his lovely wife Frieda. Did u ever get your paintings appraised?

Comment

My family was also stationed in Germany (at Ramstien AB) from 1966-1969. They had a picture of my grandfather commissioned by Mr. Hoffman. We are unable to find anything out about the artist. Any information about the man would be appreciated. I can be reached at [email protected]

Comment

My family was also stationed at Sembach then then Ramstein from '65 to '69. I have a Harry Hoffman dated '69. Would like to know more about this artist.

Comment

Would enjoy knowing more about Hoffman! Shannon Baldwin, Hendersonville, NC [email protected]

Comment

Hi my name is Tracy Ferrero my family was stationed at ramrstein 1967-1970. Harry and Frieda Hoffman were our friends and their son Norbert. We lived in ramestein until we had housing to fit our family on the Air Force base . Harry's and Frieda traveled throughout europe with my family while we lived there.. we actually lived in an old home they converted in the town of ramestein .

Comment

So what I want to say is my family has many portraits from harry Hoffman .

Comment

I

Comment

So Hoffman family will you reply please . This was a part of my life that I would like to follow up on.. especially since Frieda and harry spent 3 years with us ... and I have many paintings that harry painted ... my concern is how is Norbert ?? We lived in ramestein in a converted house by harry and Frieda . Good memories. They took us to Italy in July of 1969. . Norbert liked my sister carol . Only Americans on beach ... had a great campfire and roasted marshmallows/ s'mores .. please reply if any one sees this ..

Comment

We were at the German base 1960-1964. We have several portraits by Harry Hoffman. Would love to know more about him. Any info would be appreciated. [email protected]

Comment

I just received a beautiful painting of Jesus by Harry Hoffman, dated 1961 and with the bad ems painted below signature. My dear Aunt Vi, who recently passed away, left it to me in her trust because she knew I admired it, hanging all these years in her home. She was Viola Lashley, from Denver Co. I'm not sure if she and my Uncle Jack were stationed in Germany, but my dad, Merle Pentz, was there for some time and lots of my other uncles might have been as well. I would also like any information that might be available about this painter and also to say thank you for the beautiful painting of Jesus.

Comment

My family and I
                        were in Germany 1961-63 and Herr Hoffman did 7 family portraits. I also am searching for any information on Herr Harry Hoffman. [email protected].

Comment

Hello! I recently purchased a Harry Hoffman portrait dated 1963 at a vintage/antique store. I canít find much about him online. This is the only site that has any discussion of him. The portrait is beautiful and one of my favorite pieces, as the subject looks eerily identical to my deceased father. Does anyone have any additional information about this artist and how can I determine the value of the painting? Thank you - Meredith Vachon, [email protected]

Comment

Given that his wife was named Frieda and his son was named Norbert (see above), it might be possible to find genealogical records with some basic information about the artist. I'm not completely sure from these descriptions if he was German or an American living in Germany.

If anyone learns more, such as his middle name or birth/death dates, please post it here for everyone thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x
                            Working...
                            X