• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-11-24 at 14.07.31.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	527.4 KB
ID:	95319

Comment

I just picked one up today. Had no idea about the tobacco leaves...... Anyone get any further on value?

Comment

Mine is signed "Gris" and is in a gold painted bamboo motif frame. It is stamped with a number 13. In red pastel is the number 78 in a circle. In the same pastel is the name Shelley and Neal Sumir something (last name unreadable). There is a stamp "Something Collection" Looks like "Bramkoo Collection".

Comment

Mine is signed "Gris" and is in a gold painted bamboo-motif frame. It is stamped with a number 13 in black ink. In red pastel crayon is the number 78 in a circle. In the same pastel is the name Shelley and Neal Sumir something (last name unreadable). There is a stamp "Something Collection" Looks like "Bramkoo Collection". Above the collection stamp is 75.00 in green pastel. Found a very similar painting on "liveauctioneers" which shows an estimated value of $125 to $200.

Comment

I have a signed painting by maitree
            old man

Comment

Hi have a 1977 Maitree oil painting of 2 doves on tabacco leaves. I would love to know if it's worth anything

Comment

This one is mine, signed Maitree. Goodness knows where it came from as the father-in-law travelled all over in the 70s, 80ís & 90ís. He passed away last March and we found it amongst his possessions. Any idea on value (I.e. is it worry insuring or is it just holiday tat)

Comment

For some reason the upload button isnít working, but itís an old man drinking from a bowl on tobacco leaves

Comment

Whos dang any one know

Comment

I picked this up at a Coastal NC church sale several years ago. Itís signed Gris and also painted on leaves. I came to this site to find the artist because I saw it as Grig and was thrilled to find this thread. I however never thought tobacco leaves were used after seeing them up close in the nearby fields because theyíre huge and wide. This is definitely not the same tobacco as grown in the American South. I have a resale shop but never brought this in as Iím too uncertain of this curiosity. Iím stumped at itís value so he stays at home under investigation along with other questionable pieces. Any information would be greatly appreciated but I see Iím not alone.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have four oil painting on leaf by maitree signed 78 .old man with black pipe .old lady wearing large bambo hat like old man .young girl with basket on her back and with head jewlery and young boy with head band in teak frame very good condition i have had theese painting for 41 years are they of value

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X