Signed RAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signed RAS

I have a painting on canvas signed lower left with initials RAS is very old and do not know details about who has signed with RAS included in a circle. I think it's a print because it does not see traces of oil with a brush. Ecce homo scene in the painting is Antonio Ciseri (70 cm x 100 cm) framed with wide wooden frame with floral reliefs. Help to identify and assess (lucretia_b63@yahoo.com)

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying it's a copy of Ciseri's painting?

Comment

Originally posted by John
      I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying it's a copy of Ciseri's painting?
      For John.
      I require information about this picture that I have. It is a canvas sizes previously said, very old, coming from an inheritance. It is signed in the bottom left with RAS intitialele included in the circle, I noticed another signature on the painting. I do not know how to evaluate but I think that is a painting with a brush that can not be seen traces of paint, printing is uniform. I am informed and canvas is 'Ecce homo' s Antonio Ciseri. Are translated by google translator and can not understand why. (Lucretia B.)

Comment

I have also an old watercolor religious Italian painting with that RAS stamp on left bottom.

Comment

My name is Matthew l have one also

Comment

It may be a copy by A. Basari - a printmaker of sorts iirc usually done on cloth. The RAS is the company. I know I have delved into the RAS before, as have others, although I can't find the post now.

Edit: I did not recall correctly. A. Borsari not Basari
            Last edited by Eirene; October 30th, 2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

same here in Brussels

Comment

Have a RAS stamped Millet Shepardhess. Will take it elsewhere to get any value info

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                  Have a RAS stamped Millet Shepardhess. Will take it elsewhere to get any value info
                  That would be a copy after Jean-François Millet's 'Shepherdess with her Flock'. http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collect...ash=5356bf09a5

Comment

I also have one I bought at yard sale

Comment

Hello, I also have this painting with the RAS signature. It was given to my mother in Sicily when she was just a young girl. Its looks like a copy from the infamous Rafael painting. Here is a photo. Anyone know what the value might be?

Comment

I too have a painting of roses , absolutely stunning, signed RAS in a circle , bottom left corner . I bought it yesterday in an op shop, Dunedin New Zealand. It looks to be a painting, and not a print!! Unfortunately, someone has framed it in an ugly modern frame!!! Anyone out there, I would love some info!!!! Please!!! christianne@hotmail.co.nz Thank you so very much !!! Christianne

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X