No announcement yet.

Prints with artist signatures question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a signed water color called giardino, in pencil on lefty side. and name F.NERI ON RIGHT SIDE

Comment

Originally posted by T-M View Post
      I have seen a few prints that have been signed by the artist. What determines the value of the print? I have seen an L.S Lowry print signed by the man sell for ?400. Is it a good sign of a quality artist that the artist has had prints done and signed them?

I have seen an F. Neri print signed in pencil. Has anyone ever seen any prints/paintings by this artist?

Thanks
      Yes we have one .

Comment

There are generally three techniques that can increase in value for any artist.
        The first is oil paintings, once these become too expensive, the market for his watercolours and drawing increases, and when no-one can afford any of the first two classes, then the market for prints will developp and sometimes also reach high values. In the case of Picasso, Braque for instance. The rarity of the print, how many were actually printed, will influence the value, so will the age of the print and the quality of the work. Price can also depend of the period of the work. Some artists are greater at a certain age, then later on, become litho signing factories and the value of those prints will be reduced.

Comment

There are generally three techniques that can increase in value for any artist.
          The first is oil paintings, once these become too expensive, the market for his watercolours and drawing increases, and when no-one can afford any of the first two classes, then the market for prints will developp and sometimes also reach high values, in the case of Picasso, Braque for instance. The rarity of the print, how many were actually printed, will influence the value, so will the age of the print and the quality of the work. Price can also depend of the period of the work. Some artists are greater at a certain age, then later on, become litho signing factories and the value of those prints will be reduced.

Comment

I have just been given 2 prints of F.FERI. Water colours framed and signed. Who can I contact in Cape Town South Africa to value these items ?

Comment

I have 2 silk screen prints with the initials L.S. do you know the artist?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X