• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance needed to identify 'W Tony' in this oil painting

Click image for larger version

Name:	tony3.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	69789 I've been searching to identify W Tony and can find nothing online. Does anyone recognize this artist? I appreciate any assistance you can give! Click image for larger version

Name:	tony1.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	69788

I also have a painting by this artist but can't find info.

Comment

I also Have an oil painting W Tony- Purchased at Sydney flee markets around 1982 - Oil of Paris .

Comment

I have one, too! Purchased in Ft Worth, TX recently.

Comment

I was Google'ing W Tony when I came across your post. I have two, bought in Essex about 20 years ago and was hoping to find out more. Sadly even the artists directory have no listing for this artist. He/she does seem to get around though if it's reached Australia and the US too. Maggie

Comment

I was looking for A Tony on Google and the artists directory but there was nothing but came across your post. I have 2, bought about 20 years ago in Essex so they certainly get about if they've turned up in Australia and the US. Maggie

Comment

Found another clue. On site: invaluable.co.uk there is an artist Tony Wong (Hong Kong) whose signature and oil painting style look very similar. Maybe he used a name switch for western market? Maggie

Comment

Funny, as we have one too!

Comment

I have one with exact same signature, a painting of a bunch of cowboys on horses. Got it at an estate sale near helotes, tx.

Comment

I also have one. It is a painting of cowboys on horses. I found it at an estate sale near helotes, Texas.

Comment

Tony Wong

Comment

Hello,
                        Did anyone find out any more info on this artist as we have two oils by him/her, ours were obtained from someone that spent many years in Canada. Ours are similar to the one shown on here. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Hello
                          I also have one and wonder if someone has found out more?

Comment

I do auctions for estates in Cleveland and have a painting that is signed by what looks like W. Tony as well. It depicts two sail boats that are docked with sea gulls flying overhead. All i know is that the owner has several pieces from Canada. I have found nothing on this signature. As a college teacher at a private art college and a professional photographer, this is a great point for those people who try to sign their art work dramatically instead of making sure that years from now people can read it and it is legible.

Comment

I have one too. Canít find much info

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X