Desperately Looking For This French Artist Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately Looking For This French Artist Name

I am desperately in need of finding who this French painter is. I am currently selling this painting for $4,000 and a auction house will not sell unless I know the artist. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The painting is crated and ready to ship.
    Attached Files

Good painting. First thing I found is that there is an artist named Joseph Von Rotz. It seems possible he could have gone by De Rotz in France, as it means the same thing.

http://www.artnet.com/artists/josef-von-rotz/

Comment

What about this painter??
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Rotz

Comment

I don't see that painting being from the 1500s. That is a long long time ago. I am no expert, but it looks more like the style that came into popularity in the late 1800s. Impressionist or at least influenced by the Impressionists.

I was also playing with the signature, thinking it could read Roth or Katz or something, but it does look like Rotz.

Comment

I appreciate everyone's input and hopefully will get some more. This is driving me crazy? This is a incredible painting and the guilt frame is solid. Its absolutely beautiful. I am very surprised that it has been so difficult locating the artist. I would love to keep it but just dont have the room and I am a bit unsettled at the moment. Its currently crated.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X