Colorida Art Gallery - Great experience in Lisbon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorida Art Gallery - Great experience in Lisbon

Many Portuguese contemporary artists have made their mark on the world stage. Paula Rego is known for her "storytelling" in painting. She became famous for her works "Dog Woman" and "Abortion", a reaction to the referendum in Portugal which made abortion a crime. Her art has been shown in museums such as Tate Modern in London and Casa das Hist?rias Paula Rego, in Cascais. I visited Colorida Art Gallery in Lisbon and I loved. About them: "Colorida Art Gallery was founded in 2007. The gallery is located in Lisbon, Portugal. Its principal focus is the representation of an international group of contemporary artists whose diverse practices include painting, photography, sculpture and drawing. Embracing artists who are both emerging and established, trained and self taught, Colorida Art Gallery cultivates artist growth and makes a vital contribution to the Europe arts community. The gallery seeks to provide its artists with a solid podium that achieves both to best present the individuality of their works and to draw attention to the works inherent cultural significance. The gallery has a strong commitment to its artists and has worked with galleries and institutions around the world to establish their careers. Most of its artists have had extensive museum activity, monographs, critical acclaim and important recognition from the international collection community. Colorida Art Gallery assists both beginning and veteran collectors, buying and selling contemporary works of established and emerging artists. Colorida is open to the public at no charge from Tuesday to Saturday from 2:30pm to 6:00pm. Rua Vitor Bastos, 12A, Lisbon, Tel 351218853347, www.colorida.pt
    Last edited by marianicolacciribeiro; February 7th, 2019, 05:06 PM.

The collaboration with Colorida Gallery has been really excelent for my practice. The great thing about Colorida is their collaborative approach. They seem really engaged in supporting emerging artists, and have actively helped promote my exhibition, publish writing, and pointed things out that I should be involved with. Although they have helped me reach new markets and expose my practice to a wider audience. I particularly value the opportunity to reach a huge audience in collaboration with a team of professionals who truly understand the creative process of individual artists and more importantly, the need to promote art from every possible angle in an ever changing world. Anne Gold.

Comment

In my opinion, people used to get excited to go to a gallery, meet an artist in person and experience a work of art. Now, with almost every image an artist makes available on the internet, more people can view the work online and decide if they like it enough to leave their house to visit the gallery, or attend the opening reception, or just stay in to watch another night of reality television. I guess there is also the flip side: maybe the artist sees marketing the work to a critical mass over the web beneficial to their career. Or maybe itís the collector who would like to see the work online first to get a sense of what they might want to acquire. I am a brasilian artist. Last Saturday I visited Colorida Art Gallery in Lisbon, Portugal. The owners Rosemary and Roberto are very nice. They promoted a conceptual concern with a high visual approach and through its exhibitions they showcase the work of both, established and emerging younger artists from all around the world covering a broad sepctrum including painting, works on paper, sculpture, and photography. I loved the gallery. Ribeiro

Comment

Fantastic selection, the best staff, and always keep their collection updated. Colorida Art Gallery, highly recommend. Maria.

Comment

This is not Yelp. No need to endorse or review specific galleries.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X