I Need to Find a Painting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need to Find a Painting

I would like to find a painting, I believe in oil, but maybe also in watercolor
    called either "Roman Girl at the Well", possibly by an artist named Farley,
    but I'm not sure who the artist is. It could also be called "Italian Girl at the Well." My grandmother owned a reproduction many years ago. It is of a dark-haired young girl in a peasant dress standing on tiptoe at a well or fountain by a wall. Any information you can give would be appreciated. Thank you.
    A. Maurer

I have a painting like this. It is an oil. Approximately 30" x 45" in a heavy golden frame. This artist is K. Able, I believe the date on the painting is 1888.

If you would like, send me your e-mail address & I'll e-mail you a picture of it.

I inherited this painting from my grandfather who got in it lieu of rent for an apartment at 282 Central Park West during the depression and it has bee in my family ever since.

Comment

Help me find this painting

I want to find the name of a painting and the painter of it. It shows the affectinate looking of a young mother to her baby child, while holding in her hand a toy.
      They are in a bedroom and sitting on the bed. The baby has outstreched his hands to catch the toy and is laughing. The is painted in profile and mother in front view. The bachground is dark.

Comment

Painting Search

I'm looking for a painting I saw at the Philadelphia Art Museum last week included in the Cezanne & Beyond exhibit. It was painted by one of the accompanying artists in the show, not by Cezanne, and was in oil, I believe. It depicted an abstract woman in a high-collared dress, gray, black and white the only colors used. The eyes were large, pitch black and almond shaped. Before paying again to go back, I was wondering if anyone recalled this painting. I believe "Woman" was included in the title.

My web searches have been unsuccessful. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
        Kate

Comment

Cezanne Exhibit - Philadelphia Museum of Art

Greetings,

Here is a list of the artists represented:

http://www.philamuseum.org/exhibitions/312.html

The artist that popped into my mind based on your description is not listed.

You might try a Google image search? Enter artist's name and woman in the search. I just tried - Max Beckmann woman - and nothing came up matching the description.

Picasso's paintings of women with almond shaped eyes are much more colorful.

Is this the painting? (shown center on the catalog)?
          http://www.philamuseumstore.org/istar.asp?a=6&id=31021

Here is the phone number for the museum store:
          Museum Store Phone: (215) 684-7960

Other contact numbers:
          http://www.philamuseum.org/contacts/

Hope this helps direct you to the "mystery" woman.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Comment

Thanks Judy. Great answer.

Comment

Roman Girl At A Fountain~Old oil reproduction

I have acquired through an estate, a very old oil painting of ROMAN GIRL AT A FOUNTAIN which is a reproduction by an artist with the initials SAT.

This reproduction is approx. 5 feet by 4 feet, framed in a huge frame. I am aware that through time, several artists have copied the original 1875 painting by Bonnat, but have never run across an artist with the initials "SAT".

This painting belonging to my great-great-grandmother. Any information would be welcomed. I am also considering the sale of it. Thanks.

Comment

I may have this same painting

It has been in my parent's home for at least 80 years - maybe longer. It belonged to my Grandparents. I know that there are a number of them exactly the same. I would be thrilled for any information you have about this painting.

Comment

The Name Of Your Painting

Hi,
                  I also have a reproduction of this painting, purchased by my parents probably in the 1920's. It is called "Roman Girl at a Fountain," originally painted by Leon Bonnard in 1875. You can see it online at:
                  http://wwar.com/masters/b/bonnat-leon.html

According to the website, it is also displayed at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, though I'm not clear whether it was a temporary exhibit or is in the Museum's permanent collection.

My repro has no other initials at the bottom.

I wonder how many of these reproductions are around?
                  Barbara D

Comment

i need to find a name of atr atrtist

hi:

I have one orientalist painting (unknownartist) but it`s signed in lower right like this (calle) dated (1895) .
                    i tried to sershed but i didn`t find any think like this name so plese anyone help.

A. Shatta

Comment

(The above question has its own thread in the "Art Online" forum, so there's no need to reply here.)

Comment

mr

just happened to find your site while browsing for artist leon bonnat ..I am an artist and occasionally am commissioned to do old masters and am now painting 'Roman girl at a fountain' by said artist It's a magnificent piece and challenging

Comment

I would like to find the name and artist of a recently acquired painting. It was painted about 1960's(?). I always thought the painting was entitled "Mimi", at least that's what we always called her. I think the artist's name reads "Mandini" , but I really can't be sure of that.

She is a very pretty, long necked young lady (creamy skin color), big black oval eyes, pretty, but subtle smile, wearing an outrageously colorful and flamboyant hat and blouse that is equally colorful, that seems to have a squarish, uplifted collar behind her head. All of the clothing paint seems to have cracked, while that of the face and neck have not. This suggests to me that the cracking was intentional (via a type of paint?) to add to the outrageous flavor of the pretty lady, as opposed to simple aging.

If this description isn't useful in identifying her, I can send a digital picture, but I don't know how to accomplish that. Please inform of procedure.

Thank you,

Peter
                          pkarch@enter.net

Comment

roman girl at fountain

Originally posted by Amaurer42
                            I would like to find a painting, I believe in oil, but maybe also in watercolor
                            called either "Roman Girl at the Well", possibly by an artist named Farley,
                            but I'm not sure who the artist is. It could also be called "Italian Girl at the Well." My grandmother owned a reproduction many years ago. It is of a dark-haired young girl in a peasant dress standing on tiptoe at a well or fountain by a wall. Any information you can give would be appreciated. Thank you.
                            A. Maurer
                            Hello my names Pierre and I think the painting your looking for is called roman girl at a fountain. I have this painting by L. bonnat. my email address is swervin32@yahoo.com if you want to get in contact with me. intials at the bottom are L. bonnat

Comment

Italian Girl At The Well

I am very much interested in this same painting. It hung in my great aunt's home. After she passed away, I never saw the painting again. It is of a young girl standing at a well or a wall in a peasant dress, barefoot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X