Paintings by William Hodges...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintings by William Hodges...

I need help finding an online gallery of the paintings by William Hodges.
    I'm just trying to verify that our painting is a true original by Hodges, the english
    painter from the late 1700's. Can someone please guide me to a site that displays all of his work or am I asking for too much. It is mostly of a flowery,bushy landscape with a girl in a long light blue dress holding a flower basket as she looks out over the landscape. any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files

w. hodges

I too have a similar painting signed w. hodges.I looked up his work but I don't
    see any similarity in this painting from his previous works. does any one know of another artist named w. hodges or where can I find a site to validate
    my painting?

Comment

W. Hodges oil painting

I have one that is similar to yours approximately 40" x 28" very beautiful painting. Let me know what you think

Comment

I have a piece with a woman and a little girl in a field signed by W. Hodges. I don't think it's the work of the man from the 1700's but I am finding more people with the same type of paintings in different locations. I'm about 20 minutes north of Boston, Ma. Please give location and maybe we all can help each other out. Nice painting by the way.

Comment

W Hodges Painting

I bought 2 small paintings signed W. Hodges. One has a golf scene and the other a meadow- both with bright colors and flowers in the foreground. I bought them in Georgia after a shop went out of business. I want to find out who the painter is and some of their history if possible.

Comment

I also have purchased a painting by W Hodges. A scene with a balconey and flowers. I am also interested in knowing more about the painter.

Comment

painting by w. hodges

Originally posted by Karlos
              I need help finding an online gallery of the paintings by William Hodges.
              I'm just trying to verify that our painting is a true original by Hodges, the english
              painter from the late 1700's. Can someone please guide me to a site that displays all of his work or am I asking for too much. It is mostly of a flowery,bushy landscape with a girl in a long light blue dress holding a flower basket as she looks out over the landscape. any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
              I have this SAME painting????? I am from California....no date on the painting but I believe it to have been painted within the past 25 years. Not the original William Hodges....but I would also like information about this artist. Perhaps a "wannabe" William Hodges??
              jo4bridge

Comment

w.hodges painting

I've also purchased a W. Hodges oil --- it's 35 by 23 inches and is a scene of a woman (wearing long dress and hat) next to a red roofed small cottage, looking over a pond with tons of flowers etc.. lots of blue sky with clouds and tall green grass. Wish I knew something of this artist, but can't seem to bring anything up. Have you learned anything?

Comment

W Hodges Painting

I have recently purchased a painting 20 X 24 of a clown sitting in repose (side profile) that is very interesting. I also would like to know something about the artist. This is not a painting of flowers or nature at all. Does anyone have any information? I am quite sure it is not an old painting done in the 1700's.

Comment

Painting by W. Hodges

I too have a painting by W. Hodges that has the pretty flowers, but, this one is of cottages. I would love to know something about this Hodges.

Comment

Originally posted by jo4bridge
                      I've also purchased a W. Hodges oil --- it's 35 by 23 inches and is a scene of a woman (wearing long dress and hat) next to a red roofed small cottage, looking over a pond with tons of flowers etc.. lots of blue sky with clouds and tall green grass. Wish I knew something of this artist, but can't seem to bring anything up. Have you learned anything?

I have exactly the some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by jo4bridge
                        I think I have the same painting signed W. Hodges. There is a red roof cottage, water, lots of flowers and grass with girl looking over field.

Comment

Did you ever find out more about W.Hodges? I have a similar oil painting.

Comment

sell

i have some perfect oil panting i want to sell them but i couldnt find any good website please giud me to a good one

Comment

I believe that w. hodges is a generic name for artists that mass produce these paintings. I just saw a w. hodges in a thrift store that looked similar to the style of these others and had my husband look it up. He found something that clued me in that this might be who "w. hodges" is

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X