Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

j. allen

i bought a 3 ft by 4 ft original signed by w. hodges. A english dressed woman and little girl walking on a path towards a bridge with a river flowing through a beautiful garden full of colorful flowers and very exciting. I bought it at a thrift shop for $40.00. I cannot find much about w. hodges...anyone know

Comment

love my painting

i bought a huge oil painting in a second hand store for 35.00 very beautiful has a large white cottage with a white house in the distant a pond lots of flowers with atrail leading into the distant. large trees mountain scene in the background with lots of fluffy clounds. does any one have a painting like this or have info or the worth of the painting.

Comment

Continuing into 2012. Also love our paintings by W. Hodges. We bought one large and two small canvases with similar scenes in Monterey, Ca in 1993 from a peddler on the pier. Didn't expect that they were that valuable, but liked the colors, etc. The peddler's story was that his collection was from an art class, and they even have letter grades marked on the reverse. Following this thread and the number of W. Hodges out there, the painter was either very prolific or as others have suggested, they were mass produced? Don't know how you'd go about such an operation, but in today's world, I guess anything is possible.

Comment

w hodges

i have a 3by4 feet oil, w hodges but it is a desert landscape.

Comment

W. Hodges Paintings

I also have three W. Hodges paintings all purchased at a starving artist sale back around 1996 or 1997 for approximately $35 - $40 each. I've tried to find information about the artist as well, unfortunately nothing so far. The reason for my interest stems from being in a Marshall Fields Home Furnishing store a year or so after my purchase and seeing a very similar painting to those I own selling for $3,000. I did ask a sales person to see if they could track down any info on the artist, unfortunately, no luck.

I truly doubt my paintings are worth anywhere near what Fields was charging, but I did find it quite interesting and continue to enjoy mine today. Who knows, maybe one day we will all find out we own a small treasure!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              I also have three W. Hodges paintings all purchased at a starving artist sale back around 1996 or 1997 for approximately $35 - $40 each. I've tried to find information about the artist as well, unfortunately nothing so far. The reason for my interest stems from being in a Marshall Fields Home Furnishing store a year or so after my purchase and seeing a very similar painting to those I own selling for $3,000. I did ask a sales person to see if they could track down any info on the artist, unfortunately, no luck.

I truly doubt my paintings are worth anywhere near what Fields was charging, but I did find it quite interesting and continue to enjoy mine today. Who knows, maybe one day we will all find out we own a small treasure!

Seems as though we ALL have our share of W. Hodges paintings! I too recently aquired a very large (and beautiful) oil on canvas depicting a woman in a field picking what seems to be either cherries or apples from a tree in bloom. Beside her upon the ground is a small girl with a basket picking flowers from the same field. Signed W. Hodges.

Comment

William Hodges paintings

Hello,

I would like to purchase original paintings of William Hodges.

Do you have some ideas about the locations from my hobby ?

Thanks for your active co-operation.

Please find my E-mail : [email protected]

Thanks so much
                Sincerely
                Denis

Comment

William Hodges

I also have a Hodges oil painting--not the well-known artist but a more contemporary painter. He may have been part of a starving artist show. It is quite large and shows a rural country scene with chickens--one crossing the road. I love it as the light and animation in the scene are outstanding. Has anyone seen this painting or know any value?
                  Avaliz

Comment

Desert landscape painting

Originally posted by larry owens
                    i have a 3by4 feet oil, w hodges but it is a desert landscape.
                    Did he sign his name w hoodges ????

Comment

I have the same painting as yours.

I too have one that I bought recently. Beautiful colors. There is a lake, with 2 sail boats on it and on the shore is a women with a parasol holding a little girl's hand. There is also a path leading to the water and lots of vibrant plants/flowers. I got mine at a Chicago estate sale.
                      I have the same exact "W. Hodges" painting with sailboats, the girl, the woman in blue wearing a hat and carrying a parasol, the path, bright flowery foliage, and the cottages bought yesterday at the Friends of Felines Thrift Store for only five dollars. God bless them! The 35 X 24 (measured without frame) painting graces our wall with it's soft beauty, mass produced or not as someone else mentioned, it is a pleasure to have. Enjoy!

Comment

carlos mata

I have a painting w.hodges, i bought it in 1997 in M?xico city, there are two girls with an umbrella, around the beach, and a boy playing with the water. it`s beautifull.

Comment

w.hodges oil painting

I too have a similar painting signed w. hodges.I looked up his work but I don't
                          see any similarity in this painting from his previous works. does any one know of another artist named w. hodges or where can I find a site to validate
                          my painting?
                          July 2013
                          I too have seen a w. hodges oil painting at a goodwill store. I was curious about it. It is a country scene with a barn and chickens. Worth anything?

Comment

W. Hodges

I just picked up the most beautiful painting of a young boy and girl catching butterflies with their nets on the edge of a lake that has lush flowering greenery all around. The boy is wearing a dark blue sailor shirt. It appears it was framed in MEXICO according to the stamping on the back. I got it for $2.99. YAY!

Comment

w.hodges oil painting

Saw one similar too yesterday at Salvation Army in San Francisco, CA. I also saw one on ebay that sold for $183. signed with "W. Hodges." Similar to the description you guys are talking about. It's a colorful picture in the field with a lady and a little girl walking in a field with a pathway towards some cottages. Very beautiful and might consider buying it today for $30.

Comment

Who is W. Hodges?

I just bought a painting signed by w.hodges today in Fort Worth, Texas. It is Signed with the same signature on seen on another picture on Ebay. Well I got to say its a beautiful picture, on a real nice gold frame. The picture places you on a stone balcony, looking out to the Sea. There are a few sail boats you can see in the distance. There is also great architecture of arches that are connected to the balcony. Great vivid colors and so many beautiful flowers. I also bought mine fro a Thrift Shop...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X