Paintings by William Hodges...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W Hodges

Found a painting similar to the one we bought today at an estate sale at this website.

http://www.txauctiononline.com/detai...temnum=330580#

Husband loves golf and the colors are pretty so it was a good buy for us. Ours is framed and numbered on the back: 31/34. Would love to know more about the artist.

Comment

I have search on Google and i have found one Link which give almost all paintings which is created by him.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...William_Hodges

Check this link bit your image is not included in this link List.

Comment

W. Hodges Oil Paintibg

I have a W. Hodges Painting of vienna Italy. I think its a original. would like to know if its worth any thing? Its a beautiful painting.

Comment

Two W. Hodges ( Western Themed) on sale on ebay. My belief is that they are mass produced in China.
          see...
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-132-Two-...4AAOSw9eVXWiO6

Comment

Not bad for fifteen bucks.

Comment

I also have the painting signed by W. Hodges of the lady in a light blue dress, w/flowers, trees & water. Sounds like alot of people has this same picture. If anyone has one like this but signed a different way, please let me know. It sounds like it is a different William Hodges or maybe just a scam!! Linda

Comment

I too have two W.Hodges I bought today an a charity sale both are 12" X16" and signed in red ink at the bottom right corner

Comment

You can search w.Hodges on bidtoart.com. https://bidtoart.com/find-artist/sea...odges&limit=20

Comment

I also have a painting in a frame 1.20 meter by 1.50 meter, It is beautiful, it looks like an original but I doubt it is.I am going to donate it today at the Hellenic Community in Ottawa Canada

Comment

I have the same painting with the woman and little girl in a pink dress and lots of flowers. Would like to sell it. Itís in a beautiful gold frame. If anyone is interested, please email at audrey2626@icloud.com.

Comment

I am guessing that an oil painting signed W. Hodges is 'after' the original artist's work William Hodges. It could be like the uber-expensive Kincaid we bought at his gallery that was painted by a large staff of artists and then finished 'after' by Kincaid himself, by highlighting, embellishing, adding to the stock painting in his own hand. There were several prices we could choose from that increased in cost directly with his 'after' work involvement. The value today is still according to the after work involved. But the real Hodges isn't alive to do any after work like Kincaid, so it must be another artists' depiction of a work William Hodges already did. Completely their own. Which is interesting because the value of each piece, even though the subject is different, should coincide with the skill and perfection of the artist who re-painted the original Hodges. Maybe we should compare close-ups of some features in the same paintings we have to determine if there is a big difference, or if it is more like mass-produced oil on canvas that has been gussied up 'after' purchasing the "print"

Comment

I bought my painting by W. Hodges of a woman and child in a flower field by a creek and it has 2 houses. I bought it at one of those ďStarving ArtistsĒ events. Iím sure they are mass produced. Was just curious if there was a possibility of getting more than I was going to list it (prob. $20-30). I suppose I didnít realize how mass produced they are until I did a search. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                            I am guessing that an oil painting signed W. Hodges is 'after' the original artist's work William Hodges. It could be like the uber-expensive Kincaid we bought at his gallery that was painted by a large staff of artists and then finished 'after' by Kincaid himself, by highlighting, embellishing, adding to the stock painting in his own hand. There were several prices we could choose from that increased in cost directly with his 'after' work involvement. The value today is still according to the after work involved. But the real Hodges isn't alive to do any after work like Kincaid, so it must be another artists' depiction of a work William Hodges already did. Completely their own. Which is interesting because the value of each piece, even though the subject is different, should coincide with the skill and perfection of the artist who re-painted the original Hodges. Maybe we should compare close-ups of some features in the same paintings we have to determine if there is a big difference, or if it is more like mass-produced oil on canvas that has been gussied up 'after' purchasing the "print"
                            Kincaid died in 2012!

Comment

I also nee the same assistance as I am a painter by profession and inspired by W. Hodges

Comment

I also need the same assistance as I am a painter by profession and a huge fan of W. Hodges
                                Pastel Art Prints

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X