Paintings by William Hodges...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karlos
    started a topic Paintings by William Hodges...

Paintings by William Hodges...

I need help finding an online gallery of the paintings by William Hodges.
    I'm just trying to verify that our painting is a true original by Hodges, the english
    painter from the late 1700's. Can someone please guide me to a site that displays all of his work or am I asking for too much. It is mostly of a flowery,bushy landscape with a girl in a long light blue dress holding a flower basket as she looks out over the landscape. any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Guest replied
    If you are looking to get rich you are mistaken. if you just want to enjoy the beauty of the painting you have found gold

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yo tengo uno también y no se cómo contactar alguien para venderlo!
    604197616 llamarme interesados

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well unless the paintings are mass produced, and it seems they were, it's obvious the paintings I got in 2005 are NOT William Hodges, since he was from the 1700s.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am also interested in finding out who this W Hodges is. I purchased 2 paintings around 2003-2005, from the art sales held at the Hilton at Fountaingrove Pkwy, in Santa Rosa, CA., which was destroyed in the Tubbs fire in 2017. The paintings are very similar, both cottage-outdoorsy scenes, much like Thomas Kincaid would do. They are both done by W Hodges, and I don't have any idea if W is a female or male. Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Ayleen Simon
    replied
    Hi my name is ayleen and just want to find out or ask a few qiquestio

Leave a comment:

• pastelartprints
    replied
    I also need the same assistance as I am a painter by profession and a huge fan of W. Hodges

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I also nee the same assistance as I am a painter by profession and inspired by W. Hodges

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I am guessing that an oil painting signed W. Hodges is 'after' the original artist's work William Hodges. It could be like the uber-expensive Kincaid we bought at his gallery that was painted by a large staff of artists and then finished 'after' by Kincaid himself, by highlighting, embellishing, adding to the stock painting in his own hand. There were several prices we could choose from that increased in cost directly with his 'after' work involvement. The value today is still according to the after work involved. But the real Hodges isn't alive to do any after work like Kincaid, so it must be another artists' depiction of a work William Hodges already did. Completely their own. Which is interesting because the value of each piece, even though the subject is different, should coincide with the skill and perfection of the artist who re-painted the original Hodges. Maybe we should compare close-ups of some features in the same paintings we have to determine if there is a big difference, or if it is more like mass-produced oil on canvas that has been gussied up 'after' purchasing the "print"
    Kincaid died in 2012!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I bought my painting by W. Hodges of a woman and child in a flower field by a creek and it has 2 houses. I bought it at one of those “Starving Artists” events. I’m sure they are mass produced. Was just curious if there was a possibility of getting more than I was going to list it (prob. $20-30). I suppose I didn’t realize how mass produced they are until I did a search. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am guessing that an oil painting signed W. Hodges is 'after' the original artist's work William Hodges. It could be like the uber-expensive Kincaid we bought at his gallery that was painted by a large staff of artists and then finished 'after' by Kincaid himself, by highlighting, embellishing, adding to the stock painting in his own hand. There were several prices we could choose from that increased in cost directly with his 'after' work involvement. The value today is still according to the after work involved. But the real Hodges isn't alive to do any after work like Kincaid, so it must be another artists' depiction of a work William Hodges already did. Completely their own. Which is interesting because the value of each piece, even though the subject is different, should coincide with the skill and perfection of the artist who re-painted the original Hodges. Maybe we should compare close-ups of some features in the same paintings we have to determine if there is a big difference, or if it is more like mass-produced oil on canvas that has been gussied up 'after' purchasing the "print"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have the same painting with the woman and little girl in a pink dress and lots of flowers. Would like to sell it. It’s in a beautiful gold frame. If anyone is interested, please email at audrey2626@icloud.com.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I also have a painting in a frame 1.20 meter by 1.50 meter, It is beautiful, it looks like an original but I doubt it is.I am going to donate it today at the Hellenic Community in Ottawa Canada

Leave a comment:

• lthanhthe5s
    replied
    You can search w.Hodges on bidtoart.com. https://bidtoart.com/find-artist/sea...odges&limit=20

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I too have two W.Hodges I bought today an a charity sale both are 12" X16" and signed in red ink at the bottom right corner

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X