A. Straski

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. Straski

I am looking for information on an artist called A. Straski who painted a series of paintings of Rabbi's. Does anyone have more information on him and his paintings.

Information on artist A. Straski

Unfortunately this very talented artist spent his teen years in a Nazi Concentration Camp.

His work reflects only the rabbis of his youth who taught him violin, cello, and the torah remembrances of these men helped keep Straski's sanity during the ordeal of inhumane incarceration. Whenever possible he saved small pieces of scrap paper and made thumbnail sketches of his beloved teachers who he vowed would never be forgotten.

Straski's poignant portraiture of these men are owned and treasured by many who are not of the Jewish faith who consider a Straski "rabbi" an honour.

Comment

I own 5 Straski paintings.

Comment

We just received a Straski as a housewarming gift from my parents. Especially after reading the artist's bio, we couldn't be more touched and honored.

Comment

Does anyone have more information as to the value of his paintings? I have had an original painting for many years and want to get an insurance appraisal. Also, what does the "A." stand for?

Comment

A is for Abraham

Comment

Does anyone know how many Rabbi paintings by Straski there are?

Comment

I Have A Straski Oil Painting On Canvas It Was Given To Me In The Mid 80s Is It Worth Anything

Comment

straski painting

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  I Have A Straski Oil Painting On Canvas It Was Given To Me In The Mid 80s Is It Worth Anything

I too have an oil canvas painting from straski, he is sitting holding a pair of glasses with a red background. I do not know the value, however I went on e-bay and there is one selling for $3,500. I also saw from an art dealer on the web that two went for $500. I would like to find out if there were other painting he did.

Comment

I bought a painting by A.Straski at a second hand shop. It show a Rabbi in a wooden chair, upholstered in pink. The Rabbi is leaning to the right with his head on his hand. He is holding, and reading a red book. Is it possible to identify who the Rabbi is? With thanks, Debbie.

Comment

My Grandmother has one of the Rabbi Paintings and is looking to sell it. If anyone would like to see some pictures of it and make an offer on it my email address is Nick.PlumbersLocal1.NYC@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie Rijns
                        I bought a painting by A.Straski at a second hand shop. It show a Rabbi in a wooden chair, upholstered in pink. The Rabbi is leaning to the right with his head on his hand. He is holding, and reading a red book. Is it possible to identify who the Rabbi is? With thanks, Debbie.

I have an oil painting of a Rabbi standing reading a red book. From the paintings I have see on the internet the face of the Rabbi is the same. Don't know the name of the person depicited in the painting.

Comment

Straski

I have what I am told is a genuine Starski, but one I cannot find online. It is of a rabbi holding a torah scroll in his left arm. Is anyone familiar with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie Rijns
                            Debbie, my reply is to you because of your first name and you were one of the collectors with a greater detail of documentation on A. Starski painting. I have found 20+ paintings created by A. Starski and mostly originals. The name of the Rabbi in all of our paintings is still unknown. Finding the value of all our paintings is something we can do ourselves and will help the increase of overall value in our paintings. Documentation is the key. Find who you bought from, where, when, where the artists from etc.
                            Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              Unfortunately this very talented artist spent his teen years in a Nazi Concentration Camp.

His work reflects only the rabbis of his youth who taught him violin, cello, and the torah remembrances of these men helped keep Straski's sanity during the ordeal of inhumane incarceration. Whenever possible he saved small pieces of scrap paper and made thumbnail sketches of his beloved teachers who he vowed would never be forgotten.

Straski's poignant portraiture of these men are owned and treasured by many who are not of the Jewish faith who consider a Straski "rabbi" an honour.
                              I was wondering from what text book or other resources did you get your information. Would like to learn more. Thank you.
                              Matthew

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X