Name:	IMG_20180906_154251.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	473.2 KB
ID:	93021Click image for larger version

Name:	landscape-with-church-spires-and-trees.jpg!Large.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	93022

picked this up yesterday, any info would be appreciated.
    looks similar to Max Webers church with spires from 1911.

apologies if this is the wrong section for this one.

styles seemed similar to me, but then again, I know next to nothing about art.

Sticker came off no problem. It's an adorable little peice, regardless of who produced it.

Already found it's place on the wall. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180907_113905.jpg
Size:	455.6 KB
ID:	93035

Comment

Could be anyone named Weber. Findartinfo.com lists dozens of artists by that name.

I did a quick Google search for Max Weber signatures and didn't see two that were the same. Some were in all caps.

With paintings signed with a last name alone, sometimes if you look around enough you will find other paintings clearly by that same artist, even if you never figure out what their full name is.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yes, signatures seem to vary.

To my untrained eye, it looked very similar to the "church with spires" peice, but then again, I guess many do.

The frame also seemed to fit the period. My great-grandma produces several works with very similar frames around the turn of the century.

Guess it will remain a mystery. An appraisal is probably out of the question, as it would likely remain on my wall regardless.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X