Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilgle - Beautiful Red Head

She does have a gold chain with a light green stone attached to it, ha. I am so sorry I have no idea where my Aunt purchased this lovely painting. She lived in Cincinnati Ohio, But was married 3 times. She traveled all over the U.S with Husband #2. My Aunt was a beauty too and lead an interesting life. When I saw the picture of dark headed girl I knew it was the same artist. I am so sorry I am having so much trouble up loading a picture. Cathy

Comment

hilgle - Beautiful Red Head

Other than mine, have they all had dark hair?
      So Curious Cathy.

Comment

Some have black hair

Cathy these are some of the pictures that I have found off a google search. Note the top left one was recently sold in England. I only included one from the Arizona Art gallery of Ann. The dead Pheasant one is the only one that is not a model. Not all of them are of black hair but most are that I have witnessed. Thank you for your response.
        Todd
        Attached Files

Comment

hilgle - Beautiful Red Head

Yeah!!! I did it. This is my Beautiful Red Head! and signature.
          Attached Files

Comment

Todd, Thank you very much for your time and response. I very much enjoyed seeing the pictures they must be from the same artist. I hope you forgive my enthusiasm at this time.. Until I found this website I was unable to find anything. Thank you again, Cathy
            Last edited by catray; September 12th, 2014, 09:38 AM.

Comment

S Hilgle

A little better picture.
              Last edited by catray; September 12th, 2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

S. Hilgle Continued.

Thank you for sharing your information and your Gorgeous painting. I check every ounce in a while for updates. This quest has been over two years searching so far. I will keep searching until I find an answer. Thanks again Cathy.
                Todd

Comment

Hilgle - Beautiful Red Head

Do you think my Beautiful Red Head is by the same Artist? The signature looks like Gail Hilgle. That is part of why I could not find anything. But signatures are so hard to read. Your opinion?

Comment

Hi Cathy
                    Not sure were the Gail Hilgle came from on your picture. I could make out the first Initial and it looks like a G or an S. to me. The Hilgle signature is by the same artist. Your model looks a lot like the Ann models. The H. on the last name has the same stroke line through it as all the others I have scene. I?m no expert but comparing the signature I posted on the first page and your side by side I saw a lot of identical letters. If I was a betting man I would say you have a Hilgle.

Comment

Side by Side compare to Ann

Please check the picture.
                      Thanks
                      Todd
                      Attached Files

Comment

I agree

I put glasses on and a magnifying glass, I was very wrong. My Gail is just a wide brush stroke. I very much believe it is a Hilgle do to the similarity of the brush strokes and lighting. I appreciate your opinion. Thank you very much for time. I do like the Hilgle that you bought. It is one of the more beautiful ones. Thank you very much for your time. Sorry to have been a bother. Cathy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your information.

Thank you Cathy for you pictures and information. You have not been a bother at all and you have kept the thread updated and fresh. Your Hilgle is a really pretty one. You have a rare find that you should cherish. We will continue to search.
                          Todd

Comment

We have a beautiful S. Hilgle in Akron Ohio. This womens portrait has auburn hair with messemerizing blue green eyes. She is wearing a gold necklace with a clear amber stone. Half of her chest is fully exposed. She resembles other posted photos.The previous owner was TV famous from the 60"s & 70"s and traveled extensively around the world. Great to hear about other paintings by this artist.

Comment

Mary Ellen

We have a beautiful portrait by S. Hilgle in Akron Ohio. This women is auburn haired with mesmerizing blue green eyes. She is wearing a gold necklace with a clear amber stone. Her left breast is uncovered. She does resemble other photos posted. The previous owner was TV famous in the 60's and 70's and traveled extensively around the world. Very interesting reading. Thanks

Comment

S. Hilgle that sure does get around.

Hi Marry
                                I was just reviewing the different reported places from the Blog so far. 9 recorded locations:
                                1. South Western Minnesota 1960s
                                2. Toronto Canada 1970s
                                3. Kitwee North Rodesia (now Zambia) 1964
                                4. New Zealand
                                5. Cincinnati Ohio
                                6. England
                                7. Arizona
                                8. New York Upstate (mine)
                                9. Akron Ohio
                                That is a pretty good list of reported S. Hilgle paintings. They are all over the map and still coming in.
                                Thank you for your post and Please feel free to post any additional information about your Painting.
                                Todd

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X