No announcement yet.

S. Hilgle Mystery Painter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This new server has lost the last 3 posts. Please repost again if you had posted something. I had responded but it was dropped after the updgrade.
    Thanks.

Todd

Comment

i have this painting I bought at an estate sale in ridgecrest California. I was told that it came from Germany in 1964

Comment

I have one from estate in Ridgecrest calif. painting came from Germany in 1962

Comment

Hello Ridgcrest Cal. Germany is good information due to the German influence in ther reported artist by other (not me) experts in this post. This tread has lot's of information that you can read over for much more information. Is your painting that you purchased a woman or child? feel free to post a picture if you like and Thank you for your post.
          We will continue the quest on this very interesting artist that no one has any information on.

Comment

OK here is my story. While in the military I bought my painting in 1965. Mine with dark hair but in conservative dress of a white blouse and red dress. Same necklace as others. I was broke for a week after I bought it and anxiously waited for payday. I so love this picture. The story I was given by the owner of the gallery was that this artist was captured by a life magazine photographer and Lit set in motion the popularity of the artist. I have not seen the spread but I did find the link below in the Life Magazine archives.

Comment

Hi and thank you for the information.
              I have been traveling so not checked in a while. I tried the link but could not find much info on the Archived Life magazine picture. If you could post what you had viewed with the exact link this may help.
              What State are you from?. I would love to see an image of the treasure you so wisely acquired in 1965.
              What Gallery did you get the painting from would be great additional information. Thank you for posting the information and Im sure this will help others on the same quest for answers.
              Thanks again
              Todd

Comment

Mine was 2$ I purchase for two dollars ,for fame. Study show a Spanish gypsy woman in white shirt long dark hair gold necklace with round gold ring red background large gold wooden frame signed s. Hill.help please 3526787954 Janice Morgan morganjanicemorgan@outlook.com.

Comment

JUST A NOTE TO LET ALL INTERESTED IN THIS FINE ARTIST KNOW I JUST PICK ME UP A BEAUTIFUL PAINTING AND ITS ALSO NUMBERED

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;n35131]S. Hilgle-

The work of S. Hilgle does have a German expressionist aspect while at the same time, realism.
                    I have heard that this painter was from Switzerland, which would account for Germanic influence. However, the subjects are varied indeed, from beautiful portraits of women to still life and also one known portrait of a young lad, Village Boy which is listed on eBay at this time. The one portrait on Craigslist is quite typical of all portraits by Hilgle, bold color, loose and broad brush strokes and well highlighted frontal areas. He is indeed a fine painter and deserves more recognition than he seems to be getting.
                    The price of the Craigslist painting is a little high compared to most
                    selling prices I have discovered, but it is not unrealistic either compared to
                    other artists with less talent and more hype.
                    I would expect most paintings by S. Hilgle to fetch $1000-$2000 in the near future. Most I have seen seem to have been painted in in the 60s and 70s.

please contact janice ​ morganjanicemorgan@outlook.com I just bought a beautiful large gold framed painting Thanks, Janice

Comment

Hi Janice
                      Sorry for getting back to you so late but it has been a busy Holiday Season.
                      The Gentleman that responded has posted before some of the same information.
                      I started this blog not as a expert but as an owner and a fan of S. Hilgles work. As far as Im aware we have had many hits of the artists works throughout the world. These paintings seem to show up in estate sales and galleries all over the place. Most noted is the gallery rimafineart.com
                      The link currently does not work but did a couple of months ago.
                      We are all guessing because as far as Im aware the many hours of looking on the internet and research through other sources have come up with nothng. At this point we can guess but not one work of art has shown up in a book or museum that Im aware of.
                      The name Hilgle does not show up in the name database as anyone in North America.
                      The models do show age progression in different paintings. The necklace is the same on worman in many of the pieces. The new one with the showing of the hands and ring.
                      Please post a picture of your find and the town or state you are located in. You got your for a real good price. The mystery continues.
                      Thanks
                      Todd

Comment

Rima Fine Art seems to be closed permanently.

Comment

I purchased this at auction - maybe 6-8 years ago near Red Deer Alberta - Canada
                          Seems to be another work of art that we can add to the list.

If you wish to discuss more about this or have any further information regarding this, please feel free to contact me murraysnook(at)live(dot)ca

Comment

I seen another one of these paintings go at auction today (Edmonton, Alberta). I was bidding online, however my bid didn't register in time (must have been a delay of some sort) and unfortunately sold to someone on the floor ($200).

Comment

Thank you for your contribution. I would love to find out how the models age got determined by this artist. The signature S seems a little bit rushed. Same frame as mine. No necklace on either one and hair is different with the same pose. I had an auction in Australia that had an S. Hilgle that I wanted. Im afraid the shipping was just to much. Yours is very nice example. This is another one that was purchased out of Canada. Thank you so much for sharing your Painting.

Comment

Sorry forgot to log in.
                                Thank you for your contribution. I would love to find out how the models age got determined by this artist. The signature S seems a little bit rushed. Same frame as mine. No necklace on either one and hair is different with the same pose. I had an auction in Australia that had an S. Hilgle that I wanted. Im afraid the shipping was just to much. Yours is very nice example. This is another one that was purchased out of Canada. Thank you so much for sharing your Painting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X