No announcement yet.

S. Hilgle Mystery Painter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this may be a little late to add but I have an S. Hilgle painting of a topless women I saved from the water ridden basement of a house I worked on last year in St. Louis, MO. Is there any new information on this artist?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      I know this may be a little late to add but I have an S. Hilgle painting of a topless women I saved from the water ridden basement of a house I worked on last year in St. Louis, MO. Is there any new information on this artist?
      I am curious - is the painting one of the models displayed in this thread?

Comment

I just bought a painting of a young, dark haired girl at an estate sale in Florida signed by S. Hilgle. The frame is very old. It was not expensive, but curious about the history of S.Hilgle.

Comment

Originally posted by talltex3 View Post
          Awsome information about S. Hilgle

Thank you so much for getting back with me. The puzzle is coming together.
          Great information.

Comment

Ok I was excited to obtain the Anne 3 painting from an art auction that took place last week in Arizona.
            This was my favorite of the three for sale and will make a fine addition to the other Gypsy lady in the collection. I have assembled the pictures that I have obtained over the years off the internet of the S. Hilgle Paintings I have found. By no means is this the only ones, but you can get an Idea from all painting I have seen in this Quest for an answer of who is the S. Hilgle. I have seen some German Articles about the name but was kind of rusty on the translation. Keep posting and I will keep the hunt up here in Texas.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Hilgle collage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	69817

Comment

very nice

Comment

Hi all,
                This artist is just as mysterious to me. Seriously, could find no information on him/her. The reason I started researching is because I have an S. Hilgle painting that I inherited it from my grandparents. My father thinks it dates back to the 50s because it was in the house for as long as he can remember. I think it is of the lady that is most of the artist's paintings of the unknown lady. I have attached some pictures below. I took it to an appraiser today and she said it's in excellent condition. For any of you who collect this artist's work, I am open to selling it, so please let me know if you are interested. I am willing to negotiate on the price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_IMG_4384_1024.jpg
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	70048 Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_IMG_4385_1024.jpg
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	70049

Comment

I purchased my S.HILGLE OIL PAINTING AT A ESTATE SALE.I AM NOW LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME FOR THIS LOVELY ART PIECE. I can be notified at morganjanicemorgan@outlook.com. thanks Janice. I would like ,$2500.00 for the
                  PAINTING...

Comment

Hello my grandma has a painting passed down from her mum with the same signature did you find anything else out about it?

Comment

My grandma also has a painting of the same women pictured by the same artist. She got it off her mother. She thinks her mother got it off a ship in Italy off the artist but isn't sure.

Comment

There are a lot of painters that are very good, but have never reached notoriety in the Art world.
                        If you look over the other 4 pages of the post you will find out more information, at least all we know at this time. This artist has examples of his work all over the world and has not showed up in one museum . If we could just determine the First name we would have a better understanding of who it is. Germany or Switzerland (birthplace) may have been a point of origin but that is only a guess with the style of letters used in the signing of his mystery Art. Keep the information coming if you find anything. I will check about every month or so for updates. Thanks for your post. Todd

Comment

Best Hilgle yet! This is easily the nicest Hilgel I've seen so far. It was purchased at the estate sale of a well known mafia member in Cicero, IL. Story was he wanted to remain anonymous as a painter to preserve his mob reputation. Unfortunately, I have forgotten his and his widows name now (but could go into cold storage for it). Expensive frame job in red velvet "made in Holland", outer frame "made in Italy". Canvas 20x28 purchased at Universal Art Products in Evanston IL. Sadly doesn't match our modern redecorating. Husband would take $1200 or Best Offer!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have three painting S.Hilgle, all I find in estate sales. Illinois

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x
                            Working...
                            X