Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talltex3 View Post
    Awsome information about S. Hilgle

Thank you so much for getting back with me. The puzzle is coming together.
    Great information.
    hello! My parents have a S hilgle painting bought in 1968... if someone see my message, I have other info

Comment

I also have a S.Hilgle painting. I bought in Cleveland area at a house sale. They thought it was from Italy and the painting had been in the family for years. Since there are not a lot of male paintings I thought I would share mine.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have a painting by the same artist, bought in 1964, in Northern Rhodesia

Comment

Hi and thank you for posting. Those that are trying to sell the paintings please go to an auction site for your sale. Again this post was started to discover the person behind the wonderful art that has made peoples wonder who this S. Hilgle person was, and why such a mystery. I have updated some of the past places that Hilge’s have been reported on this blog..
          S. Hilgle that sure does get around.

I was just reviewing the different reported places from the Blog so far. 17 recorded locations:
          1. South Western Minnesota 1960s
          2. Toronto Canada 1970s
          3. Kitwee North Rodesia (now Zambia) 1964
          4. New Zealand
          5. Cincinnati Ohio
          6. England
          7. Arizona
          8. New York Upstate (mine)
          9. Akron Ohio
          10. Alberta Canada
          11.Northern Rhodesia again
          12. St. Louis, MO
          13 Florida
          14. Cicero, IL
          15. Sweden
          17. Cleveland Ohio

That is a pretty good list of reported S. Hilgle paintings. They are all over the map and still coming in.
          Thank you for your post and Please feel free to post any additional information about your Painting.
          Todd

Comment

I have one, Québec-Canada

Comment

Any idea about the value.!?? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2645.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	79511

Comment

Hey, I also have a painting from this mistery women. I don't know if it's real or not. I got this painting from my dad last year. We lived in Germany
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi I'm from Calgary Alberta, I've purchased a G.Hilgle painting privately for $180.00 It's 3' tall and 2' wide in a nice mid century frame. The model seems to appear regularly in other paintings. Someone said they've got the best Hilgle painting but I'd dispute that. Unfortunately I can't add any light to solving the mystery, I'll attempt to download some pictures Thank you Cam

Comment

Hi Here's a nice Hilgle painting I got last week Click image for larger version

Name:	20171020_111530_resized.jpg
Size:	677.5 KB
ID:	80778Click image for larger version

Name:	20171020_111236_resized_1.jpg
Size:	798.2 KB
ID:	80779Click image for larger version

Name:	20171020_111301_resized.jpg
Size:	867.4 KB
ID:	80780Click image for larger version

Name:	20171020_111216_resized_1.jpg
Size:	385.4 KB
ID:	80782
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a S. Hilgle to me. The signature is on the money. I have no reports to date of reproductions of any of Hilgles works. A Very nice picture and Germany fits his profile also. Thanks for sharing.
                      Todd

Comment

I have an S Hilgle that has been a part of the family for decades. Once hung in my grandparents St Louis home today it is in Des Moines. Two models with this painting! I am interested in a value? Click image for larger version

Name:	20171112_070909.jpg
Size:	609.8 KB
ID:	81354Click image for larger version

Name:	20171112_070915.jpg
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	81355

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X