X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one in Waco, TX
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I have a beauty too. I'm just not sure if my parents purchased her while in Havre, Montana from their Canadian art dealer out of Regina or purchased her in Whitefish, Montana where they moved to in 1974. I am researching artists from my parents wide variety of oil paintings to sell at auction here in Arizona in the next couple months. It's like parting with a member of the family but I have so much art as my mom also owned an art gallery in Whitefish back in the 70s. It's been quite an adventure first trying to decipher some of the artists names and then doing some follow up research.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tibber; December 28th, 2017, 12:59 PM. Reason: I originally posted the wrong painting, although she was lovely too and I don't know who the artist is.  Anyway, here is my piece.

Comment

From Italy
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I have a beauty too. I'm just not sure if my parents purchased her while in Havre, Montana from their Canadian art dealer out of Regina or purchased her in Whitefish, Montana where they moved to in 1974. I am researching artists from my parents wide variety of oil paintings to sell at auction here in Arizona in the next couple months. It's like parting with a member of the family but I have so much art as my mom also owned an art gallery in Whitefish back in the 70s. It's been quite an adventure first trying to decipher some of the artists names and then doing some follow up research. I originally attached the wrong painting.

Comment

This is so cool to have all these great painting. From Waco TX to Norway and Germany he was truly a well traveled individual. Some of these are showing a full range in age of models used.
            I have moved onto other art but still come back time to time to see the really awesome paintings that are viewed on this site. The search does continue with no real breaks in information except for locations that this unique artist sold his work. All original and all seem to be one of a kind, but similar in some facts. Name, sometimes necklace, and in a lot of instances female models. Please keep posting and I will post anything new that I come across. I hope someday to put a first name and history together for this gifted painter. Thanks again for your posts and Happy New year! 2018.

Comment

Was the signature dated and compared to the rest of the painting? This story is fascinating. I hope you get to the bottom of this.

Comment

Hi I'm the guy from Calgary with the painting of the girl and the candle I took mine off the wall and found a couple of thing....it's #'ed 32 and titled "LOVE" there also the # 330 on it. It occurred to me that a European canvas would be measured in centimeters while a North American in inches.....mine is 20" X 28" so I'd assume it was painted in North America. If some of the other canvases are in centimeters it may represent an artist that's immigrated at some point in time.I collect mid century European art and have found that this measurement tool is consistant. Thank you
                Cam

Comment

We have two Hilgle still art -fruit. My inlaws parents brought the paintings from Poland when they came to Canada in 1960. My mother in law believes it was purchased in early 1950's.

Comment

Thank you for reviewing the blog. We have been searching for some time now. The report of Poland indicates a very well traveled artist. Must be very beloved to come all the way to Minnesota. We had a previous painting that was Fruit and a Pheasant I believe. As stated before no indication of a first name on the Mystery artist but he has works that span the world. maybe he was a peoples artist because he did not make any museums that we have found. We keep searching, and thank you for your post.
                    Todd

Comment

• Elimde çok özel bir resmi var satılık.
                      0541 745 16 17
                      Attached Files

Comment

• According to Google Translate, the preceding post is Turkish for "I have a very special picture for sale."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X