Mysterious hidden painting....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious hidden painting....

Years back I was at a thrift store. They had a hideous poster / print in an odd frame - the odd frame being the reason I even looked at it. Very thick frame, almost like a shadowbox. I noticed the glass, that was broken, was made so that one could slide it out from the front, unusual. It was broken anyway, and I got it out. A nice frame really, for such a cheap item. Then I saw the cheap, ugly, print had like a thing sticking out the bottom of it, I used my keys to get it out and it was a pull tab. Pulled on the worthless, ugly, print, it had hinges on it, lifted up and exposed a painting.

To add to this oddness, the painting, on canvass, had been cut out of whatever frame it had been in originally, and not very well. It was now mounted on a cardboard mat type thing, and not very well. Someone had taken a black marker and marked around the edge of the cardboard.

So we have a painting that was cut out of a frame, quickly and / or crudely, and hidden. Perhaps my imagination is overactive, but this really seems a bit off to me.

The hidden painting is what I have pictured here. Knowing what I know now, that store did zero checking for anything. I know I missed some deals. There was even a guy that got gold there, they didn't do any checking on anything. Here's the painting. I have never been able to get any information on it, not that I really tried much. I would love to know more about it. I have been unable to find an artist with this name that matches; perhaps I am reading it wrong.
    Attached Files

Interesting painting. I have no idea what the signature could say.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_18921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	102401

Comment

Wow I really hoped for some kind of info about this... I doubt it is worth a lot, but I am very curious about it. Does anybody even know who - with ability and honesty - I could ask about this?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X