Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Signature

Hey team. Just got the piece below and need help with the signature. Must be a Norwegian artist because the words “lito tresnitt sjablong” translates "litho woodcut stencil"
    Attached Files

looks like Ann Ko-something

Comment

Yes I think the first name is Ann too

Comment

Anyone else have a guess? (Eirene or John )

Comment

ok here's my thought...
          first I don't see ANN... one thing if it was a women's name, it would be written neater...hope that's not sexist..but I would think it would be definitely a better ANN....so I see like Ami(but not dotted, so?) Also what is the dash?..or I though a name like Amy..the y is just not done well, but ended and looked like a dash...But thast goes back to i don't think it is a girl name(women's)--too messy(lol-sorry)
          last name: Komisjm... there is a word SAJBLONG...see the "SJ" spelled part... could a name have that but it is not dotted, so cap letter?..being Norweigian? the last letter(s) of the last name could be almost anything. I decide it was a "m" too..because the i is dotted...so what else would be the last hump between
          hope that is too confusing-- couldn't find any by googling either...

so after re reading this..I think I have no clue either.
          Last edited by Hunter517; August 1st, 2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

If the artist is Norwegian, could the first name be Arn? Seriously, is that Norwegian? I don't know. [Postscript: The Nordic Names Wiki, which is a thing, says yes. https://www.nordicnames.de/wiki/Arn ]

I played with the spelling of the last name in findartinfo.com, which is a tool I use to look for known artists or even to see if a certain string is part of a plausible name. Nothing useful came up. Closest I can get is Konic-- or Komiv--?? It does look like after what could conceivably be "Komiv", the artist picked up the pencil and put it down a little to the right, presumably to draw a separate letter or even to begin a separate word. Just guessing of course.

Comment

Thanks guys. This is a tough one that may just go unsolved

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X