No announcement yet.

Can anyone help identify this painting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help identify this painting?

I found this painting while cleaning out my Mother's attic and while it is signed the signature is VERY hard to make out.

My best guess is Bauelz but Google doesn't provide anything under that name.

If anyone has any idea who the artist is it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!!!!!!

I have one very similar, but I can't find anything about it.
    I left you know if I get results

Comment

If that could be a letter R at the end, then the name could be Bayer or Bauer.

Comment

I tried Bayer, Bauer, Bauetz, Bahetz and B. Auetz thinking that the emphasis on the B made it a possible first initial... but alas still nothing.

I did some playing in Photoshop with the contrast and an emboss filter. Click image for larger version

Name:	UnknownPaintingSignatureEmbossed.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	58786

Maybe that will help someone come up with something....

​Thanks for trying!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

I tried Bayer, Bauer, Bauetz, Bahetz and B. Auetz thinking that the emphasis on the B made it a possible first initial... but alas still nothing.
          I did some playing in Photoshop with the contrast and an emboss filter. Click image for larger version

Name:	UnknownPaintingSignatureEmbossed.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	58788
          Maybe that will help someone come up with something....

​Thanks for trying!!!

Comment

Could the last three letters be elz? I've tried a few searches for that possibility with no luck but that ending might be familiar to someone. It mystifies me why some artists go to all the trouble of completing a painting and then leave no mark or an indistinct one. If I had any artistic ability I would be singing my name from the rooftops. All the best Jim

Comment

Helz is coming up as a surname on Google. Could it be this with tow initials?

Comment

I too have something similar. Can't make heads nor tails of the name either.

Comment

"Hetz" maybe? like "eduard hetz"

Comment

I have a painting with same signature ever find anything out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1490670830626-305486823.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	76193

Comment

Name:	1490670993796170645295.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	76195
                        Looks like same signature I couldn't find anything on artist either love this painting grandmother left it to wife and I.

Comment

I just bought a similar painting at a thrift shop for $20. The signature appears to be BAHELZ or BAHETZ

Comment

Name:	WIN_20180207_16_06_51_Pro.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	83417Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180207_16_07_40_Pro.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	83419
                            Attached Files

Comment

These all appear to be signed by the same artist. I still think an ordinary name like Bayer is more likely than an exotic one such as Bahetz or Bauelz.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X