Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you identify this painting by "Carlson"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify this painting by "Carlson"?

Hello,

I found this painting at a thrift store. Paid 29$. It appears to be an oil painting, its on canvas. Its quite large - about 3x 4 feet. The signature says "Carlson". I have looked online but havent had much luck. I did find another painting online that had the same signature and similar style painting that was of a boat on the ocean. Does anyone know more about the artist and/or painting? Thanks for your help. I really love this painting.

Kimmy
    Attached Files

found more painting like mine

I found my same painting at this website
    http://www.instappraisal.com/antique...-tree-branches

and I found one that I believe is by the same person here:
    http://www.rubylane.com/item/489855-...il-Canvas-Boat

still no closer to finding out who this artist is/what time period, etc.

hope I find more out someday!

Comment

Carlson Painting

I have a painting as well that I have been looking for information on. My parents have had this painting for 35 years. It's a still life of yellow flowers in a brown base and Carlson is written at the bottom left hand side if facing looking at the picture. Any ideas?

Comment

Painting by Carlson

We also have a painting by Carlson, same signature and its an oil painting of a country setting of a farm with several buildings. Its a large painting 4' x 3' We have it over our mantel above our fireplace. Have had it about 15 years bought it locally at a sale.

Comment

I recently bought a large painting by Carlson
          Its yellow flowers in a brown vase
          ...Carlson's name lower left side on the bottom. I'm curious to know how much is it worth.thanks...

Comment

There are a quite a few artists named Carlson. I wonder if some of these paintings could be by the artist of the work below. That painting is signed Wayne Carlson.

If you figure out the full name, you can look at Findartinfo.com to see a record of past auction sales by the artist. However Wayne Carlson is not listed.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-18576011.html

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              I recently bought a large painting by Carlson
              Its yellow flowers in a brown vase
              ...Carlson's name lower left side on the bottom. I'm curious to know how much is it worth.thanks...

Comment

I also have the yellow flower in brown vase. It was my grandmothers. It's older than I am. I am 42 years old.

Comment

I too have the yellow flowers in a brown bowl/vase that looks like a bread basket.

Comment

carlson, four schooners anchored at sea, any information

Comment

Do your pictures look like this one? I've been trying to find info as wel!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, do you know how much it's worth?

Comment

Originally posted by ksiebens View Post
                          Hello,

I found this painting at a thrift store. Paid 29$. It appears to be an oil painting, its on canvas. Its quite large - about 3x 4 feet. The signature says "Carlson". I have looked online but havent had much luck. I did find another painting online that had the same signature and similar style painting that was of a boat on the ocean. Does anyone know more about the artist and/or painting? Thanks for your help. I really love this painting.

Kimmy

Comment

Have the sailboats picture by CARLSON WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT . NO FIRST initial

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                              carlson, four schooners anchored at sea, any information

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X