Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Nuckols Print 1973

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alex Nuckols Print 1973

    I'm looking for a copy of a print that Alex Nuckols originally painted in pastels back in the 70's. He had them mass produced for the Truck Stops to sell. It's a picture of an eight-teen wheeler going down a mountin side with Jesus in the background his arm stretched around the truck driver. The truck itself is an orange and white cabover. The picture I had burned up in our apartment fire January 19th. I use to drive an eight-teen wheeler and that picture meant a lot to me and my family. I do hope someone can help me find one.

  • #2
    There's a thread about Nuckols here, although I don't think it suggests a way to get hold of a copy.
    http://www.artconversation.com/quest...-painting.html

    Did you try eBay? If you register a user id, then you can "save" searches so that you will receive an email if a matching listing ever comes up. That saves you from having to go back and check every week or two.

    Comment


    • #3
      This may sound pretty weird, but Alex Nuckols was my uncle. He passed away back in 2008, however I have quite a bit of his work/portfolio sitting around my house. I can see if there is a copy of his painting somewhere in there.

      I stumbled on this post from just searching to see if anyone even knew of his work, I am glad that his work is still thought about. Feel free to private message me if you want.

      Comment


      • #4
        I thought he was only known for those trucker prints, but I was looking on eBay and noticed he also did a lot of fantasy illustrations for Dungeons and Dragons games. What would you say was his main interest as an artist?

        Comment


        • #5
          He was really big into doodling, Christmas, birthdays, and any other time that dealt with thank you cards ect. He would do custom doodles for everyone in the family. I have at least 3 full binders of just doodles and random sketches. When he was younger he went around to all of the old abandoned mining sites along Red Mountain and sketched each one (back in the 60's-70's.) Sadly though I didn't know enough about his work as an artist until after he passed away, since then I have started working as a freelance graphic artist and inherited all of his portfolios and work.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by peteclam
            I'm looking for a copy of a print that Alex Nuckols originally painted in pastels back in the 70's. He had them mass produced for the Truck Stops to sell. It's a picture of an eight-teen wheeler going down a mountin side with Jesus in the background his arm stretched around the truck driver. The truck itself is an orange and white cabover. The picture I had burned up in our apartment fire January 19th. I use to drive an eight-teen wheeler and that picture meant a lot to me and my family. I do hope someone can help me find one.
            Hi my name is Jason Heifner and I live in Bridgewater VA. I have the painting you arelooking for. Contact me by text message at 540-271-7567 to discuss.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have the print in frame that you are looking for. My # is 540-271-7567. Text anytime.

              Comment


              • #8
                Truckers picture

                I have a framed picture of the eighteen wheeler with Jesus i bought at an auction. Respond with your email if you want me to contact you for it.

                Originally posted by peteclam
                I'm looking for a copy of a print that Alex Nuckols originally painted in pastels back in the 70's. He had them mass produced for the Truck Stops to sell. It's a picture of an eight-teen wheeler going down a mountin side with Jesus in the background his arm stretched around the truck driver. The truck itself is an orange and white cabover. The picture I had burned up in our apartment fire January 19th. I use to drive an eight-teen wheeler and that picture meant a lot to me and my family. I do hope someone can help me find one.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by peteclam View Post
                  I'm looking for a copy of a print that Alex Nuckols originally painted in pastels back in the 70's. He had them mass produced for the Truck Stops to sell. It's a picture of an eight-teen wheeler going down a mountin side with Jesus in the background his arm stretched around the truck driver. The truck itself is an orange and white cabover. The picture I had burned up in our apartment fire January 19th. I use to drive an eight-teen wheeler and that picture meant a lot to me and my family. I do hope someone can help me find one.

                  I have one similar to the one you are talking about but I just decided to look into how much it is worth, it comes down from family.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would love to have a copy of all 4. My husband is 1 of eleven kids, 7 boys and 4 girls. 5 out of the 7 boys are truck drivers. I have "Fear not for I am with you" but is in poor condition. I won't let go of it because it means so much to me but I would love to have all 4 pics!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have a fear not I am with you painting by Alex that I'm getting rid of.. to many memories for me.. if interested please let me know.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Anuckols View Post
                        This may sound pretty weird, but Alex Nuckols was my uncle. He passed away back in 2008, however I have quite a bit of his work/portfolio sitting around my house. I can see if there is a copy of his painting somewhere in there.

                        I stumbled on this post from just searching to see if anyone even knew of his work, I am glad that his work is still thought about. Feel free to private message me if you want.
                        I have a painting by Alex Nuckols of a Semi with Jesus done in 1980. The truck is number 10. My husband and I drove trucks, and when I saw this painting about 20 years ago I bought it. It is really special.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would be really interested in buying any of Alex Nuckols truck paintings. I bought the Fear Not painting a couple of years ago but it's in rough condition. I'm trying to collect all four to put in my ( mam cave ).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I am very interested in buying a Alex Nuckols I am the Way. My dad was trucker driver & this picture was hanging in our living room but his new wife wanted when he died. Please contact me anytime if you have one my name is Brandy my number is 307-441-1594

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Guest View Post
                              I have a fear not I am with you painting by Alex that I'm getting rid of.. to many memories for me.. if interested please let me know.
                              I would love to but it! My name is Brandy my number is 307-441-1594 thank you

                              Comment

                              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X