Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Hoople Oil Paintings

Hello!

I have two Van Hoople oil paintings. They depict a surrealistic interior design in the modern style of heavy impasto. Each painting has heavy textural marks and full of great color.

Measurements: Each painting is 21 Inches (width) x 37 Inches (height)
    Weight: Each painting weighs 11 pounds
    Frame: Original wood frame on mason board from Hillside Galleries.
    Identifying Marks: As the pictures show, each painting is signed by the artist with "V Hoople". Also, the back of each painting states "Hillside Original" with a corresponding number of "#181p" and "#182p"

Based on this information, what is the current market for paintings like this?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Did you see these threads? Seems like there is not a significant market for this artist, although the works might be worth something for their intrinsic decorative value. That's a fancy way of saying, would you want to buy it and hang it on your wall.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/...rum=6&start=30

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3193551AA04IRh

Comment

Originally posted by John
      Did you see these threads? Seems like there is not a significant market for this artist, although the works might be worth something for their intrinsic decorative value. That's a fancy way of saying, would you want to buy it and hang it on your wall.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/...rum=6&start=30

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3193551AA04IRh
      Thanks, John! I appreciate your response. I came across the "tikiroom" link and read through those before. Just as you said, it appears the value is strictly decorative and not necessarily attached to the artist. With high end value going to paired sets and original frames in excellent condition.

Comment

I've also got a Van Hoople oblong painting
        It looks to be the interior of a castle

Comment

I have one too that I found at an art sale. Paid $75 for it and I love it so much. It's extremy heavy framed with what looks to be teak. 21inches x 59. I am in Edmonton Alberta Canada.

Comment

May 5th 2017

I have a Van Hoople Four Candles.
            Hillside Original 184.

Comment

I have a Van Hoople painting that I bought 15 years ago at a garage sale for $10 in Vancouver Canada. It is surrealist impasto, futuristic skyline, in greens and yellows. It is large and beautiful!

Comment

I live in NJ and own Van Hoolple’s interior castle painting. I had moved from Arizona where I found it in the thrift store for 12 bucks. Another one of his pieces was there that appeared to be shield but didn’t like it or have the money for it at the time. Since the paintings appears to be old it has chipped away and had to be repaired and restored by me.

Comment

Hey how are you I have 180 3P painting I’m trying to find a buyer that you sold yours

Comment

I have a rare original painting "Sun" by Van Hoople. Does anyone know what it is worth?

Comment

I found an Painting of V. Hoople. Modern mid century oil painting art..

Comment

I found a Van Hoople painting don't know anything about it.was hoping maybe someone could tell me some info based on it starting with knowing how to tell if it's a original or copy? I've looked everywhere online an can't seem to find any other paintings bye Hoople online for sale..I've seen the painting on a website starting that it was a rare painting from Van Hoople and it's sitting next to another painting of his and in the pic is a man who had framed the two art pieces. Now I can't find that website..(of course) ! So here it is ! If anyone knows anything any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X