Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ at 33 - Please help identify the artist of my antique

The only information I can find on this (possible) artist is on Wikipedia, but the piece has two signatures - one in each corner. I have had this painting for over 15 years. It is definitely an original. Age is unknown, but I have been told by many that it is from the 1800's. I have racked my brain for years trying to figure this out and only wish I could afford to take it to an appraiser. Perhaps one day. I am hoping to find help here, and appreciate your time. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Looks like Hofmann of which there are many contenders.

Comment

Heinrich Hofmann - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Hofmann

Edit- This is a copy [By whoever the other signature is...can't make it out]of a portion of a larger painting by Heinrich Hofmann entitled 'Christ and the Rich Young Ruler' which is in the Riverside Church, New York.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hoffman-ChristAndTheRichYoungRuler.jpg
      Last edited by Eirene; May 18th, 2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I believe part of the name is "M. Cherubim". Until Eirene identified the painting I thought it might be part of the title, as cherubim (plural of cherub) are common in religious art.

Comment

If you want to sell it contact me

artisthouseauction @ gmail.com

Comment

Contact me if you want to sell it

Comment

I have been trying to figure out if this is an original painting. Please let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                I have been trying to figure out if this is an original painting. Please let me know what you think.
                My email is [email protected]

Comment

Sister M. Cherubim. She taught art for a number of years. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/th...&pid=104720912

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X