M.Q Rothwell painting, Info on artist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.Q Rothwell painting, Info on artist

Have been looking on internet for some hrs now and can not seem to find any info on the artist M. Q. Rothwell. Found a few tidbits saying Philadelphia artist and another saying Mass.Any help would be great, Thanks. PS will enclose a picture of painting. PSS I would not mind selling this as it is far to new for my collection, if you have any interest let me know. Will let it go for very cheap.
    Attached Files

http://galleriaprimitiva.com/Rothwel...ePainting.html

http://goghinc.info/cityscapeart/

Many of this artists paintings can be found online, but not really much information on his/her history. Both of these galleries have them WAY overpriced. Online auction records are saying $90 is the highest confirmed sale of his/her works.

Comment

Thanks for the try, seems that this artist has no Bio to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by bren21
        http://galleriaprimitiva.com/Rothwel...ePainting.html

http://goghinc.info/cityscapeart/

Many of this artists paintings can be found online, but not really much information on his/her history. Both of these galleries have them WAY overpriced. Online auction records are saying $90 is the highest confirmed sale of his/her works.

New record: An M.Q. Rothwell painting sold for $112 here.
        http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-14207714.html

This is probably one of the few record prices for an artist that Goodwill can claim.

Comment

Nude babe $300. Broke Goodwill's record.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...-oil-on-canvas

Comment

Jez and here I thought that I was going to be rich , still would of liked to know who the artist was.

Comment

M Q Rothwell

Our family used to have a seascape by him, and yes, he was a him. A very pleasant, post-Woodstock kind of guy who started with hard edged flat landscapes and cityscapes and moved onto more realistic depictions of animals and nature. I wish my family had kept the painting. It was nothing short of brilliant.

Comment

M Q Rothwell
                You are right. He was exactly as you described. I met him several times at the Washington Square Outdoor Art show. I believe he said he was from Connecticut. He drove to the show every summer in the 70's and slept in his car. He was married and his nudes are hi most valuable works as I have read. I own 6 of his paintings including one nude and one that won first place in the art show. I am obviously a fan!

Comment

I have a typed history of Rothwell's awards and festivals dated Oct 24, 1972. It is signed by Rothwell. This document shows his education to be Rockville, CT High School and Paier School of Art, New Haven, CT. I have an original cityscape painting that I may be interested in selling. Contact me at 269-639-8231.

Comment

M.Q. Rothwell As I recall he said it was Michael Quincy Rothwell when I met him at an art auction in Glastonbury, CT in the early '70's. I bought three of his paintings. A nude "Pamela" as he called her. A beautiful Indian portrait (my favorite) and a lovely landscape. I'm getting on in years now and I'm liquidating my collections. If anyone is interested I'm call at 423-391-4813.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                      M.Q. Rothwell As I recall he said it was Michael Quincy Rothwell when I met him at an art auction in Glastonbury, CT in the early '70's. I bought three of his paintings. A nude "Pamela" as he called her. A beautiful Indian portrait (my favorite) and a lovely landscape. I'm getting on in years now and I'm liquidating my collections. If anyone is interested I'm call at 423-391-7813.

Comment

The post in number 10 has the wrong phone number posted It should be (423)391-7813. Sorry!

Comment

That's michael Quinn Rothwell. He painted out of new Haven. I have one of his paintings, and it is quite nice. It's definitely worth more than 200 bucks.

Comment

He was my next door neighbor when I lived in New Haven with my parents. I commissioned him to do a painting for them which was in their living room for 40 years. I just brought it home. I recall him talking about going to NYC every year to display his work. He was a nice person who had two boys who must be grown men by now. He was a great artist and a great guy.

Comment

My,family were very close friends witj his family and yes he had two sons who are grown men now, I have lost contact with him but have always loved his work and would be very interested in buying some.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X