Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help identify a painting signed "barton"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help identify a painting signed "barton"?

I have this Painting with the name signed "Barton" on the bottom. It is on canvas with what I believe is oil paint. Could you possibly identify the painters name and any information you have about them?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

I have a painting as well. Exact same signature, same style of painting, and like you no nothing about it. I am on Vancouver Island and bought it approx 13 yrs ago. It would be interesting to know where and when you received yours and we could probably break it down.

Comment

I also have this "barton" signed oil on canvas of a female nude back, given to us approx. 15 yrs ago by a friend who has since passed. I will soon post a photo of it and try to contact family of the deceased for more info. We live near Philadelphia, Pa. but the previous owner was a realtor and dealt in upscale properties and traveled much.

Comment

I found mine in ashland mass I rescued it from the trash behind a radio shack and I love the painting I would describe it as blothcy

Comment

barton

Originally posted by irishtimes84
          I have this Painting with the name signed "Barton" on the bottom. It is on canvas with what I believe is oil paint. Could you possibly identify the painters name and any information you have about them?

Thanks!
          hi have you had any luck i have a barton i am in th UK

Comment

Hey u guys, my mom got these 2 paintings signed Barton at the bottom right hand corner - her late brother gave them to her as a gift. She has never got around to frame them. Both are wildlife - one with zeberas and the other elephants.

Comment

I too just picked up a small BARTON nude today in New York City. Very mid-century, late 50s, early 60s I would say, very gloppy oil paint and BEAUTIFUL!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Came across Barton

In south Florida, in a private collectors home. A nude seated female from the back. signed Barton same as in photo in above post

Comment

I have 3 nudes (all seated with their backs to us). Does anyone know what Barton's first name is so I can look up price?

Comment

And yet another Barton

Signature matches the first person who posted. Obtained in the US; saw another listed in the same style (oil, impressionistic) Nice coloration

Comment

Maybe georgie read Barton?

Comment

Intersting ! My girlfriend had the same oil painting ,nude,of a woman,from behind.,in Johannesburg.The signature is exactly the same "Barton".I would really want to know who was the artist and where can we read about him/her and their works.

Comment

Uploading a photo

Hi

I have just uploaded the nude by Barton that my lady has in Johannesburg. Is it similar to yours ?

Ronen

Comment

I have tried to upload a photo of my Barton painting,without success. If you write me your e-mail address,I shall e-mail it to you directly. My e-mail is [email protected]

Bye

Ronen

Comment

I got the picture from Ronan. Here it is:

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X