Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help identify a painting signed "barton"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Barton paintings all the time. I saw a nude last week for $40. I bought a mid century still life today for $3. There are so many that I think it's the work of multiple artists. None that I've seen are signed in the back and they don't have any other identifiers on them. No dates, stickers, pencil marks or country of origins. Mysterious...

Comment

• Edward Barton. American artist 19??-2012

Comment

• Hi, could anyone give me some more info about this painting, I think that itís from Edward Barton
        Attached Files

Comment

• I have three large paintings by Ed Barton
          lighthouse. Sea and ship with mountain shore and ocean at shore with mountain very beautiful and perfect
          has Ed died as the post here has noted?

Comment

• My father bought a painting (race horses) from Burton on the street, in New York in 1977. It has been hanging on the wall of our apartment for years with dozens of other paintings of well known artists. Interestingly enough whenever we had a artist visit they always looked at our paintings and all of them stopped at Burton's to ask - who is this? They all found it hard to believe it is a street artist.

Comment

• My father bought a painting (race horses) from Burton on the street, in New York in 1977. It has been hanging on the wall of our apartment for years with dozens of other paintings of well known artists. Interestingly enough whenever we had a artist visit they always looked at our paintings and all of them stopped at Burton's to ask - who is this? They all found it hard to believe it is a street artist.

Comment

• My painting ov a vase ov flowers is on canvas & signed s barton the signature bartln is joined letters,

Comment

• I still would love to know who the artist was itís an amazing painting

Comment

• Are all authentic Barton paintings signed in red?

Comment

• I too have a painting by Barton.. it is beautiful and the elderly lady whom this belonged to had this painting around 70 years. She is now in her 90ís. When they sold her condominium 5 years ago her children left it on the wall for 3 years until they sold the condo. The new owners said it hung on the wall all 5 years. They are now moving and did not care for the painting. I just picked it up today and I love it. It graces our bedroom wall and will be lovingly passed down for years to come.

Comment

• Hello
                        i have a heavy oil painting Of Horse ridding signed red in right corner by BARTON.
                        There is one on eBay with a bit different handwriting signed BARTON FOR more than $4000.
                        i want to put it up for sale , I need help to put right information for it if someone knows anything about it.
                        thanks in advance.

Comment

• I too have just purchased a Barton signed in red, for $25. Was hoping to resell for a profit, what are the values of these paintings?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	painting2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	106313Click image for larger version

Name:	painting1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	106314

Comment

• I didn't read through all 15 pages of this thread, but I don't think there's an established price for this artist. That's an attractive painting, so I imagine it would be worth more than $25 to somebody.

Comment

• Does anybody know how much this painting of be worth I believe it's called cityscape I would like to sell it and get something different I've owned it for quite some time now thank you for all your help
                              Attached Files

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X