Painting Signed Pierre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Signed Pierre

I need some help identifying who Pierre is and maybe some more about this painting. Any help would be great!
    Attached Files

The painter has a French name; it most likely shows Paris.

~ TL

Comment

I think I just posted it again. Whoops. It didn't tell me that anyone replied. I figured it was Paris, but couldn't be 100% sure.

Comment

I also have a painting signed pierre

Originally posted by filosofer
        I need some help identifying who Pierre is and maybe some more about this painting. Any help would be great!
        My painting has very similar figures, and the same signature it also seems to be a painting of france at the large arch in the city

Comment

belzeit1@aol.com

i have a very similar painting as well. no signature, just a old reed typewritten short bio, saying Pierre. b. 1925, studied in napels, won an award in france from royale academie.
          the thing is, the parisian street style paintings became very popular and followers ranged throughout the post war movement to france. especially from the U.S. this art is a reflection of paris street scene paintings from artists like edouard cortes, blanchard and a few other contemporaries in efforts to record the paris streets for historical reference. i have examined all the artists of both american, and french backgrounds that are listed as artists during these timeperiods but none reference "Pierre". the major stylistic difference i have found between Pierre and other contemporaries of parisian street scene paintings is the repetitive use of colors and fashion with regards to the womens dresses. There are no children present in mine. and no other parisian artist depicts signs for cafes, and hotels with just an absent background making the signs appear to be somewhat floating in open space. Also take note to the laterns and the use of titanium white to display a lit latern. The more notable parisian painters commonly used brighter colors and never just a plain white. Another difference that is only similar in certain cortes paintings is that Pierre only depicted human faces with a splash of flesh toned paint. No depth to express facial characteristics or concern for appropriate placement of head to neck. Some of the heads are slightly eschew. My street scene is entitled "rue de la paix", which is a popular street in paris. But of all the other rue de la paix scenes i have seen painted none resemble the composition chosen by Pierre in mine which seems to portray a different angle altogether of the street in question. the street itself is separated by a rectangular walkway enclosing a row of both trees and lamp posts that recede into the distance to a large build that separates the street into a fork into the road. There is also a tower attached to the large building which appears to be a hotel. I was unable to locate this tower in modern and/or historic views of the rue de la paix. but the tower does have engaged columns that end at the parapet wall. All similar layer of rustication and the colors hue and choice for exterior decor running the stringcourse of the tower mimics that of the hotel it is attached to. nonetheless, he seems to closely mimic cortes with other stylistic resemblances of cortes contemporaries. If anyone has similar results i would love to compare photos through email and try to put an end to who this "Pierre" artist is. belzeit1@aol.com

Comment

pierre painting

my wife has a painting by pierre that was handed down to her from her grandpa and was wondering if it is worth anything and why are all the figures pictured with one leg.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	41360

Comment

pierre

HI my friend
              I have one oil painting by pierre .exactly same painting that you have,do you know who is pierre?is he famous painter?what is his last name?is it expensive painting?please email me if you know some information about pierre arbi_wolf@yahoo.com
              Thanks arbi

Comment

pierre

I also have original painting with typewritten authentication and bio. Pierre born l927 rotterdam, holland. attended paris acadamy fine arts and as of 1972? still resided there. Are paintings worth anything. Can't find anything on him anywhere. thx castlecreeknugget@yahoo.com

Comment

pierre paint

hello Im living in mexico, I have a Pierre paint too, my brother in law grandmother was a very rich woman an she travel arround the world.I only know about the paint she bring it to mexico from europe,now I got it in my house but i dont know if it is famous painter or not, the paint is very nice is something like venecia if you want a picture i can send to you a pic. ruly.zambrano@yahoo.com.mx

Comment

My husband also has one. We are trying to find out more information about the painting and the artist. Any info?

Comment

My husband has a similar painting by the artist, Pierre, born in Rotterdam, Holland in 1927. He painted the Streets of Paris. Any information on the artist and the paintings?

Comment

I also have one. Very much the same street, but with a large statue that looks like the statue of liberty in the center.

Anyone ID this Pierre artist yet?

Comment

i have one too...well a bit different

My wife and I got this from her grandparents who had it up for many years
                          signed pierre
                          on the back on the frame it says Paris by Pierre ..its about 20" wide x 40" tall
                          if anyone knows where i can get some info on it please shoot me any email
                          kix4444@yahoo.com
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pierre

My mother worked at B.Altman's in the 1950s- it was a large upscale department store in New York. She used her employee discount to buy a Pierre painting in the art department. Its composition is much the same as what other people have posted. The Paris street scene, the buggy, the one-legged people with no faces and the street signs floating in the street.

I don't think this would lessen the value, I'm just explaining that Pierre was apparently commercial enough in the 50s to be sold at a department store. Of course, this was when department stores had custom made departments where they would make society girl's clothes by hand out of imported silk...so it's not exactly the same as getting a mass produced painting at Target nowadays.

If you like it, it's worth something. I like mine and I wouldn't sell it, but I doubt its an undiscovered Renoir at this point in time. Of course, there is a lot of interest in these paris street scenes lately in the collector's market, so it might become more valuable with time.

Comment

Pierre oil paintings

I also have a very similar painting of a Paris street with the Statue of Liberty. It has all the hallmarks as the others with floating signs and one legged people without faces. I found a listing on eBay for one with a price of $38,000.00 however, I believe it's a scam. The card on the back said the artist was born in Lyon, France 1924. These were obviously cranked out by commercial artists with fictitious bio's in order to sell more artwork. While I love my painting because it was left to me by my grandmother as I have fond memories of her and of admiring the piece while it hung in her den, if you compare these works to those of the Impressionists of the late 1800's you're just fooling yourself. Based on everything I've read regarding these paintings signed by the ambiguous Pierre, they were produced sometime in the late 50's and 60's. The eBay seller described it as an antique painting by the artist Pierre Rene and that a similar piece was actiouned in 2004. That's an outright lie. Pierre Rene is a Scandinavian cosmetics company and being from the 60's hardly makes it antique.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X