Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Harvey

I too have an oil painting, same subject "ships" mine too is signed in white. I have googled and found a few paintings, signed in red, yet all those signatures are different. Unfortunately I have not found one painting with a white signature. The white signature is in capitals, whereas the red signature is in lower case. Simply an observation.

Comment

J Harvey

Here are a few links to J. Harvey paintings, signed in red

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/18499..._J_HARVEY.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-OIL-PAINTIN...1#ht_502wt_903

http://www.onlineauction.com/index.p...ion_id=1343316

Comment

J. Harvey

Below is one painting by J. Harvey signed in white.

"Original Oil On Canvas Painting 'ship' By J.harvey

Lovely original oil on canvas painting by J.HarveyThis painting was bought from a local art dealer and comes complete with ornate frame.The painting depicts a battleship on a stormy sea, with a particular focus on the ship itself rather than the seascape, unlike some of his other works. The painting is signed by the artist in the bottom right-hand corner.The picture, including frame, measures 21" wide by 25" high.Please let me know if you have any queries, and thanks for looking!

Original Oil On Canvas Painting 'ship' By J.harvey"

http://amandamakepeace.co.uk/paintin...-j-harvey.html

Below are another 2 paintings also by J. Harvey and signed in red

I'm not sure what to make of any of the above, but am keen to find out more regarding J. Harvey Paintings, and the relevance pertaining to the "red and white" signatures.

Looking forward to any information which may be forthcoming

Note another 2 pics in next post

Comment

J. Harvey

Two more pics as promised.

Comment

Add Another Harvey to The LIST!!!

My story is cool! I bought this painting in art store in Croatia when I served in the Navy. Oil on canvas. Paid ~$50 at time and always hoped I got a rare deal. Signed in red at lower right. Painting lives in Florida now in my dining room. Always wanted to know who J. Harvey was. Either way this painting worth way more to me.

Comment

j harvey

Add another one to the list. Unfortunately I can find nothing about J Harvey, but might be able to shed some light on the actual painting. I have been led to believe it is of The Bon Homme Richard captained by John Paul Jones battling against The Serapis captained by Captain Richard Pearson off Flamborough Head, East Yorkshire on 23 September, 1779.

Comment

J Harvey

This URL will take you to more info regarding J Harvey, British Artist. If you subscribe you'll find out all you need to know. Don't know what subscription costs.

Ciao

Ashley

Comment

J. Harvey

Another two ships billed from US Civil War is just now selling at $100 on Goodwill's auction site. Value is probably above auction price there, but I have seen a few items go ridicuously overvalue. Art tends to undersell.
                  http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...r-8321841.html

Comment

Hi

Just found this site while looking up J Harvey

I purchesed this picture from Mauritius in 1991
                    it`s 4 foot long and 2 foot high
                    Having seen all the other pictures i think
                    these were mass produced for touresium
                    and signed by the factory owner
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yet another, mine measures 8"x10" The ship sailing toward me has wind at its back but the ship sailing away does not.
                      There is rough seas but I only have two cannon ball splashes in my painting (one in front of the ship sailing tword me, on the right) and one splash behind the ship on the left (sailing away).
                      One other interesting observation is that while mine is signed in the lower right, it is in yellow paint.
                      Any help or new information would be great.
                      Thank you and good luck.

Comment

Two Windships

I also own a J. Harvey oil painting. Where I bought it from might give some people an idea where the painting come from. The size of my painting is 24"x36", I bought it for $25 at a Wal-Mart in San Diego. When I asked about it, the manager said the paintings either come in from Mexico or from China.

Comment

Herbert Johnson Harvey born 1884

I am the grandson of the painter Herbert Johnson Harvey born 1884. He was a member of the Birmingham school and painted mainly portraits but could also turn his hand to repousee and engraving. If you are interested I have set up a website of my grand father's engravings- http://jharvey18.moonfruit.com/#
                          I am not aware that he painted sea battles/ seascapes. His father John Rabone Harvey was also a painter, and as far as I know, painted landscapes. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like any further information
                          Jonathan Harvey

Comment

J.HARVEY paintings

HELLO i have 2 paintings signed by J.HARVEY one is of a yacht in a bay with a farm house amongst the trees the other one is similar but it doesn"t have the house in it they look like they could be oil paintings and are signed in brown or light black by the look of the frames and backing these paintings are very old i was wondering if you could tell me more about them thanks for now

Comment

Originally posted by JHarvey45
                              I am the grandson of the painter Herbert Johnson Harvey born 1884. He was a member of the Birmingham school and painted mainly portraits but could also turn his hand to repousee and engraving. If you are interested I have set up a website of my grand father's engravings- http://jharvey18.moonfruit.com/#
                              I am not aware that he painted sea battles/ seascapes. His father John Rabone Harvey was also a painter, and as far as I know, painted landscapes. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like any further information
                              Jonathan Harvey
                              Hello there JHarvey: I don't believe your Grandpa is the same artist the folks in this thread are referring to. I am very happy that you did chime in, your Gpa's art is wonderful. Thank you.

I believe that the art factories in China are taking names of real artists and pumping out crap.

Comment

Yet another "J. Harvey"
                                I recently passed an antique shop in south London and saw this painting in the window. As I recently moved and called my new house "Cannons" I purchased the picture. It measures 90 x60 cm and is in a quality frame, cost was ?45.

Joining this thread it would appear there are many J Harvey's on the market.
                                Reading the thread it would appear many originate from China but seeing others they appear to have different aspects of ships in Battle. Mine shows two ships in battle with a light sky above . has any one else have the same?
                                Whatever I was pleased with my purchase and it looks great on my wall.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X