Painting signed C Hunter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting signed C Hunter

Is anyone familiar with an artist by the name of C HUNTER?
    I am sorry that I don't have a picture of the painting but I just saw it in a store.It was about 60", I think it was oil on canvas. As far as I remember it was painted in van gogh/ monet style. It was some landscape with I think two ladies in the middle.
    Sorry one more time that I don't give you better description but any help will be welcomed.
    thanks in advance

All I could find for a C. Hunter is this auction - http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/art/1719123888.html

There was a Clementine Hunter that painted folk art.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirene
      All I could find for a C. Hunter is this auction - http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/art/1719123888.html

There was a Clementine Hunter that painted folk art.
      Thanks. Never thought to search craigslist. I think the painting I saw looks similar to this one but is much bigger. The one on the link says 2' x 2' 1/2 , that sound strange, the painting is 2 inches?
      Anyway, I will try to contact the seller to check if he got more info.
      thanks again

Comment

2" = 2 inches
        2' = 2 feet

Comment

Excuse my ignorance. I am just not used to that metric system. But I kinda figure it out just a bit after I post my previous reply.
          Thanks

Comment

That would be the English System, the British Imperial System not Metric.

Comment

C.Hunter Painting

Originally posted by kardinal
              Is anyone familiar with an artist by the name of C HUNTER?
              I am sorry that I don't have a picture of the painting but I just saw it in a store.It was about 60", I think it was oil on canvas. As far as I remember it was painted in van gogh/ monet style. It was some landscape with I think two ladies in the middle.
              Sorry one more time that I don't give you better description but any help will be welcomed.
              thanks in advance
              Hi Did you have any luck with info on this painting? I have a painting exactly the same as you're discribing. I can not find out any information or find a picture of the painting on the web???

Comment

Jr

I have (2) paintings signed by C Hunter that appear to be similiar to the one that has been described. Has any one found any additional info on this painter?

Comment

c hunter painting

I just purchased a beautiful framed C Hunter painting at an estate sale... loved it.

Paid $1500.

Oil on canvas, blue/pink pastels in Monet style.

Woman in pink appears to be picking flowers with two figures sitting by a lake.

Again, absolutely loved it... no idea what the true value is...but it is gorgeous and signed - but mostly loved it.

Comment

I also have a very large oil painting signed by C. Hunter. It is of a woman in blue holding a pink parasol and a girl in pink clutching flowers. Both are facing a lake. It looks like a Monet done in oils. It is very beautiful.

Comment

I found the same painting today I think it is mass produced

Comment

We have a similar painting signed by C. Hunter. The lady in blue with a parasol, a little girl with a balloon, bridge in the background, a sailboat on the water, three people sitting at a table... It appears to be an oil on canvass ... really ... is it mass produced?? how so ??? and any info on C. Hunter and this painting would be most appreciated.

Comment

we have got to find out who he or she is I have a painting I paid 1,000 for10 years ago at least.

Comment

if anyone finds out who c hunter is please help. just bought a huge oil on canvas painting by c hunter. it is a couple walking along a venice canal with a church in the right background.

Comment

C. Hunter

I too am interested in tracking down the elusive C. Hunter. I have an oil on canvas that I'm sure is an original and not mass produced. I bought mine from a Korean gentleman who had it hanging on the wall in his coffee shop in a city in western Canada. He told me he brought with him when he moved to Canada but had no other history to pass on. If anyone has any luck finding C. Hunter I would love to hear about it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X