Need help identifying artist's signature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying artist's signature

Is anyone able to help assist with the name of the artist of this oil on canvas painting, or providing any info about the painting itself? It appears to be S. Gizo, but I am not certain and have no other info about it.
    Attached Files

Appears to be in the style of Rembrandt or Jan Lievens, but perhaps a little too slick.

The signature might be "Giro", which is the pseudonym used by a mid 20th-century painter & illustrator whose real name is Guy Rowe. Here's a page about him... if you go to the "Paintings" section, you can even see his signature and it's similar to what is on your painting (however I can't explain what the "S" is doing there).
    http://web.me.com/dickr/GuyRowe.com/Guy_Rowe.html

Comment

Thanks John. I looked at each of the signatures and Giro signed his name in several different styles, a couple which look similar to the one in my painting, but I'm not sure that they are a match. Then there's the question of the "S." Also, the style of Giro's paintings are very different than the painting I posted. Thank you for you help. If you or others have ideas, please post them. I'm eager to learn more about this painting.

Comment

looks like Giss to me, the last alphabet could be a german dbl. ss which is written like that.

Comment

Originally posted by winterhawk
          Is anyone able to help assist with the name of the artist of this oil on canvas painting, or providing any info about the painting itself? It appears to be S. Gizo, but I am not certain and have no other info about it.

Perhaps it is "S. Yip" or "S. Gip"?

Comment

Is anyone found out the name of the artist? I got two of the paintings at my shop but clues of who is it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X