Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID Bridge Picture

Anyone know who this artist is or can spell out the artists name. I cannot read it.

Van der Verik or Vink?? Thought at first glance the given name was Alfred...looks more like an O instead of an A. Hard to make out..Dutch perhaps.

Comment

To me it looks like Afbe(r?) Van der Vruk, but I'm sure it's wrong.

Comment

Style comes close to the style of paintings of Dutch artist Anton Pieck.

His signature you can see on the attachment and that looks totally different. So it couldn't been his signature.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mike W

Strange ... I have a different painting from the same artist and was searching also. NOTHING YET??

Comment

I'm the original poster - no, nothing found out yet.

Comment

I have the same print and have also had no luck finding anything online. I think an older similar artist is Jacob Gerard Veldheer (link http://www.artoftheprint.com/artistp...schestadt.htm). This type of art seems to be defined as Dutch Art Nouveau? My print is attached to a piece of glass with the frame painted on to it. The frame paint is chipping and in poor condition, so I am researching this to determine whether to try to restore or just reframe.

Comment

The style is so close to the one of Alfred Van Neste. I'm almost convinced but the signature....
                Does your print have pixels if you take a close look?
                It could be a offset print that somebody else signed.

Comment

A name I found a couple of times together with Alfred Van Neste is Alber van der Vink. This could be a pseudonym of Alfred Van Neste but I am not sure.

Comment

Okay, that signature could read "Alber". If you look closely, it looks like the pencil could have traced an "L" instead of what I took to be an "F". The upper half of the letter is darker and clearer than the lower half, which in this case would be just a stray mark.

Comment

Bridge picture

We have the same print/litho/painting. The signature is no clearer.

Comment

Vruk

I have the sister painting- view of bridge from oposit angle.

I believe the last part of the name is Vruk and there is an umblout (sp) above the U which would lend to Germon or Dutch. I am also interested in any information abouit it- been in family for 70+ years.

I think it might read

Albis Van Der Vruk

Comment

I still tend to think that it's "van der Vink", but I've found only questions and no answers online. Here's another forum where someone (possibly the same individual) has posted the same artwork as in post 1:

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/hav...ed-533060.html

Comment

solution

The original painting/etching is by Alber Van der Vink and is titled "Cite flamande" and I have no information on the artist or date of the work.

Comment

painting

i have this also reads at bottom with same type of writing. alber van der vruk... vink
                              it is very old. i got the painting from a woman who was in her 90's
                              and jewish

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X