Title of Wm. Moyers painting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title of Wm. Moyers painting?

I have searched all over for the title to this painting does anyone know the title of this particular painting. Also this painting is on board is it as valuable as one on canvas? Is it even valuable at all? Someone told me to get an appraisal on it but would it be worth the money? This picture is still in the plastic it had on it when it was originaly sold, that is why there is a plastic cover over it, i havn't removed it yet.
    Attached Files

Canvas or board makes no difference.

He seems to be a well known cowboy artist. His original paintings can sell in the thousands of dollars. See here for some examples.

You may be able to find a signature online to compare yours with. Assuming that this proves to be by the same William Moyers, in my humble opinion it's not one of his better works.

I am not an art expert and unfortunately can't recommend an appraiser. I usually tell people to find a gallery or an appraiser in their area, so that the expert can see the work in person.

Comment

You can see examples of his signatures here.
      http://www.liveauctioneers.com/searc...lters=&rows=20

Comment

painting

the painting is called Hiding behind Mamas skirt.

Comment

hiding behind moms skirt

I have the exact painting It was my grate grandfaters
          I don't nkow what it is worth..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            I have the exact painting It was my grate grandfaters
            I don't nkow what it is worth..
            I have that painting too and if it is a copy it is worth between four and eight thousand and if and orginal between thirty and forty thousand or more since moyer has pasted away I sent the picture by web to a place in Texas that deals in his paintings.

Comment

Cattle drive i have same painting

Comment

I too have the same exact painting. They cant all be originals, so I would have to say its a copy, but still...it's a great painting.

Comment

I got this painting from a friend. I know its of, but don't know what it would be worth. It hung in a restaurant in Show Low, Az. Any one know what it would be worth??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X