X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pier Germani, where art thou ?

Hi all!
    Ever since I bought a canvas print out of a painting by an Italian artist named "Pier Germani", i've been trying to locate an original. It's proving very hard to find any information about his paintings, and the artist. there is some scanty information around the net, a book was published with all of his paintings, and some of his paintings were bought by an auction house in france "Lesieur-Le Bars (SVV)" . Other than that there is nothing to be found.
    If someone can please provide any additional information, i would be very grateful. I am particularly interested in a painting named "Chierichetto" of a boy holding a candle, but any original would do.

Thanks

OK another clue. At the bottom of the canvas, there is a tiny bull logo and a five pointed star under it's head. I would post a picture but i just cant get a good focus on the logo. The bull is facing the left, and it looks like it's charging, does any of this seem familiar ? does anyone know an art store/gallery with that sort of logo ? at the bottom of the canvas from left to right ; n 5005 - "chierichetto" by Pier Germani - [logo] . I'm hoping if i know what gallery it is from that i could somehow track the original....
    would really appreciate some feedback

Thanks

Comment

i have an original painting and willl send more info and picture ron swing 818 448 9819

Comment

Hello,

I still haven't found anything, so if anyone has any info i would appreciate it.

Comment

Mrs.

I have 2 beautiful originals. 50X70 Il Piccolo Lava Piatti
          60X80 Il Camicione Bianco
          Both are in Excellent condition.

Purchased by my parents in Italy during the 1970 . Both Paintings are certified as originals.

Kati B.

Comment

paintings

Please email me on .....
            Last edited by tempogen; December 11th, 2008, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Hello people,

Still haven't found any new information.

Have a nice holiday season

Comment

Mrs. Ross

My husband and I bought an original Pier Germani in Rome in 1970 at an art gallery whose name, I'm sorry to say, I don't remember. It is a young boy, one of his typical children with large eyes, trying to grab a lobster at a fish counter.
                I also have two booklets about him regarding his biography and some pictures of his paintings, neither of which has mine or the one you describe. He may have painted them after these booklets were printed. He would be about 75 years of age now and lived and painted mostly children and women who lived in his small town in Lombardia. He was quie prolific and according to the booklets I have, his paintings are held in many private collection and also in
                public ones such as National Art Institute in Vercelli and International Gallery Memphis. I tried to find out more about these galleries but hit a dead end. Hope you have better luck!!!

Comment

Thank you for the info!

Please keep me posted on any new info, and if you hear about one for sale.

there was a book i mentioned before supposedly with all his paintings. It was sold in this site:

http://www.rubylane.com/ni/shops/bluedolphin/iteml/

But now it's removed.

Merry christmas and a happy new year

Comment

Mrs. Ross

I have never checked to see the value of Pier Germani's paintings. Mine is quite large, about two feet by three feet in oil. Do you have any idea as to what price they are bringing? If so, where do you get your info?
                    Thanks..

Comment

Painting pricing

I'm sorry for the late reply, i was on holiday.
                      So, unfortunately I really don't have much info on his paintings regarding price. he was fairly smalltime, and i've only seen one of his originals - or suspected to be- sold on an art auction site (i think it was artprice.com but i don't remember ). I registered for one day just to see how much it went for, which if memory serves me was 240$. That is where i get my info, the good ol' internet. i relentlessly search every now and then for the artist's name, and after i get a small lead i explore it. i send faxes to auction houses, emails to websites, and i post on the forum. mostly i am ignored, but i'm hoping one day to find what i am looking for. He may not be famous or well appraised, but i fell in love!

Hope this was useful
                      Last edited by tempogen; January 17th, 2009, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding Pier Germani. We paid $400 for our painting when we bought it in Rome so many years ago, We, too, find his work charming, especially those of the children and don't care what they are going for. If you find out any more info, let us know. I hope you can find one that you'll loce, as we have

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding Pier Germani. We paid $400 for our painting when we bought it in Rome so many years ago, We, too, find his work charming, especially those of the children and don't care what they are going for. If you find out any more info, let us know. I hope you can find one that you'll love, as we have.

Comment

Thank you Mrs. Ross, I am glad that i found someone who knows what i am talking about. Charming is the word, and as i mentioned in my first post, there is one in particular that i am looking for. Sure I have a canvas print, but it's not the same. Still, i can enjoy this ghost of the artist's work, until i am finally united with my darling painting.

I'll continue to post all information I get, so please drop by from time to time..

Cheers

Comment

Hello,

Found this one being sold on ebay.. it appears the seller doesn't ship outside of italy i'm afraid... at least you'll have an idea about how much they go for :

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...522&indexURL=0

I'd appreciate any leads...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X