Oil Painting-made in Germany-need help identifying artist/origin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Painting-made in Germany-need help identifying artist/origin

I bought this painting yesterday at an auction and I haven't been able to find any information on it except that it is an original oil painting that was made in Germany. It is signed, but I can only make out the first letter as an "A". If anyone knows of a database where I can find a more refined search engine or if anyone knows anything about the painting/artist, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Painting from Germany

I have a paintng as well from Germany trying to figure out info about the artist. The painting I have is signed by ADRIAN, signed in print and all capitol letters. I could not get a close look at your paintings signature, the signature however is on the left hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by espey98
      I have a paintng as well from Germany trying to figure out info about the artist. The painting I have is signed by ADRIAN, signed in print and all capitol letters. I could not get a close look at your paintings signature, the signature however is on the left hand side.
      what is your painting of.I have a large oil painting of 3 big flowers signed by ADRIAN but am having a hard time narrowing down who adrian is....

Comment

I have a painting similar to yours. My family bought this in Germany on post while stationed there (1960's). The paintings where sold door to door and and on the streets, freshly painted (I know this cause my mother smeard the signature with her thumb).

Comment

Romy Schubert

Hi,

This looks loke one of my grand dad paintings. His name was arthur Schrickel. My mum still got a very similar painting. That s amazing. I hope its one of his since all our family has been looking out for some of his paintings.
          Were are u based?

Regards
          Romy

Comment

waldeck

The painting is a landscape and signed by the artist WALDECK he was born in essen germany in 1928 his uncle was famous painter freitag.from 1943 to 1945 he attended the federal acadamy for masters also a student of professor urban & schubert from 1964 waldeck has had exhibitions all over germany.
            I bought this painting whilst in berlin in 1984 from a dealer called Josef Mensing along with the painting i recieved a biography of Waldeck with the number 211 printed at the top,and a certificate of authentication that the artist waldeck was the painter

Can anyone out there throw anymore light on the subject like where to find out more of the artist and how to find more of his paintings and possibly the value of his artwork

Comment

Painting By Bonger

I Mother Bought An Oil Painting In 1972 In Germany. The Artist Name Is Bongar Or Bonger. Does Anyone Know Anything About This Artist?

Comment

Can you tell me about this painting

Comment

Can you tell me about this signature

Comment

Janice, those images are not getting uploaded. Most likely cause is that they are just too big, as there is a size limit on attachments. Try cropping or reducing them to a reasonable size and give it another go.

Comment

I also have a painting by Waldeck, he had a agent that came around the barracks and asked for requests on what we wanted painted, he painted mine, but I have long lost the certificate, never really believing it was of much value and 8 house moves later, no traces of it.
                      I would like to sell the painting as it has been on my wall in every house I have had since 1983.
                      Does anyone have any idea if there is any value attached to his work? It is a lanscape and view of trees and an old mill.
                      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      waldeck

The painting is a landscape and signed by the artist WALDECK he was born in essen germany in 1928 his uncle was famous painter freitag.from 1943 to 1945 he attended the federal acadamy for masters also a student of professor urban & schubert from 1964 waldeck has had exhibitions all over germany.
                      I bought this painting whilst in berlin in 1984 from a dealer called Josef Mensing along with the painting i recieved a biography of Waldeck with the number 211 printed at the top,and a certificate of authentication that the artist waldeck was the painter

Can anyone out there throw anymore light on the subject like where to find out more of the artist and how to find more of his paintings and possibly the value of his artwork

Comment

I have some paintings by Wilhelm German oil painter

Comment

I have a oil painting,,, about,, 36 by 36,,,three big red flowers,,,signed,,, I believe,,, Adrian,,,,not sure who he is,,,its signed in the right corner,,,seems large

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                            I also have a painting by Waldeck, he had a agent that came around the barracks and asked for requests on what we wanted painted, he painted mine, but I have long lost the certificate, never really believing it was of much value and 8 house moves later, no traces of it.
                            I would like to sell the painting as it has been on my wall in every house I have had since 1983.
                            Does anyone have any idea if there is any value attached to his work? It is a lanscape and view of trees and an old mill.
                            My mother has had the same experience around that year and still has her painting, barracks were in Munster I believe. You may have know her and my father

Comment

My dad was in the us army and was stationed in Germany. Guys used to come and sell paintings to the officers in 1980. He purchased this painting by someone that signed CLAUDI.

https://goo.gl/photos/2NDne5rDYf94qcGE6

Anyone have a clue?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X