Warren Woodard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Woodard

We have a large painting by Warren Woodard of a Girl in a field. Glued on the back is paperwork about the Artist and the type of work he did. It says it is a multi-color serigraph. It is from Van Angstel in Culver City, CA. It says Studio Addition # C- 304. Does any one have any information on this. Anything would be appreciated.

Is it this Warren Woodward? There is one of a girl in a field.

http://warrenwoodward.atwebpages.com/work.html

Comment

Yes, this is the one. I don't have any idea what it is worth or any information about it.

Originally posted by Eirene
      Is it this Warren Woodward? There is one of a girl in a field.

http://warrenwoodward.atwebpages.com/work.html

Comment

There`s no shortage of his stuff available on eBay. I recommend looking up past auctions to see what things actually are able to sell for, not just looking at the asking price.

Looking at his work, I have trouble believing that one artist could do all those different works. Some of them are quite nice (including the girl in the field), some look quite generic, and some are just awful. This website has a brief bio indicating that he was a real person, but I wonder.

Comment

Was thinking the same John. Such a hodgepodge of styles. Perhaps there is more than one Warren Woodward or someone signing his name.

Comment

Warren Woodward still life

I have a framed warren Woodward still life done in shades of blue. The back has his picture with a culver city address. I can't find anything anywhere on this. Help!!

Comment

I came across another short bio on the internet at http://www.listedartist.com/referenc...discovered.htm
              plus a discussion on him on at http://www.123people.co.uk/ext/frm?t...ing&wrt_id=216
              Last edited by Tal; April 8th, 2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

info on warren woodward I knew warren personally for many years.

Originally posted by John
                There`s no shortage of his stuff available on eBay. I recommend looking up past auctions to see what things actually are able to sell for, not just looking at the asking price.

Looking at his work, I have trouble believing that one artist could do all those different works. Some of them are quite nice (including the girl in the field), some look quite generic, and some are just awful. This website has a brief bio indicating that he was a real person, but I wonder.
                Warren woodward owned a large graphics co. in l.a. he furnished hotels, airports, homes and offices reproductions of his art. he did have many styles, he developed the prismatic motion seen in some of his works. was always challenged by developing new looks for the public and the business world. he was extremely prolific and spent most of his time traveling and painting. he passed away suddenly in summer of 1993.

Comment

Have to laugh at people asking is he real!! e is my aunties brother..well he was, before he passed away.

Comment

So, it' 2018, and I have Warren Woodward, large painting of the girl in the field, very old, wish I knew the was painted, that painting has traveled alot!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirene View Post
                      Was thinking the same John. Such a hodgepodge of styles. Perhaps there is more than one Warren Woodward or someone signing his name.
                      No there is there is only one Warren woodward I know where are used to work I know how we started and I know some of the people that help them along the way if you got any inquiry please do not hesitate to email me

Comment

I have this piece of work by Warren Woodward. I would some information, and value. Thanks. I need to post photo’s. How do I do that?

Comment

Use the paperclip icon on the right side of the screen for uploading attachments. Maximum size is about 1 megabyte or so, so it's best to upload them as jpg images at a reasonable size.

Having said that, given that you have already identified the artist I don't know how much information anyone can provide. For value there are fine art auction sites which publish records of the prices his works have sold for. The best ones require a subscription. Findartinfo.com is probably incomplete, but it's free and is a place to start.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          x
                          Working...
                          X