No announcement yet.

Help identifying painting signed SATYA.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I have one, too. Mine is an street scene. Everyone loves it. My parent's decorator bought it in New York in the mid 60s. She had an eye for what was good. Isn't Satya a Sanskrit word? I mention this as anyone this good should have some sort of bio.

Comment

I also have a LG oil on canvas, bought in the sixties at auction by my dad, I love the colors, Like the big one posted at the top of of page of Manhatan. Wish I knew more about this artist.

Comment

I have a painting by satya of Grenwich Village and have been looking for weekday ever info I can get on the artist as well... the painting is very good but there is no story to go with it. .. anything would help

Comment

I own a Satya painting purchased in NYC in 1968. Large- 30 x 40 inches, impressionistic and quite colorful - a city skyline background featuring two ships in the foreground. Purchased in a gallery just off Park Ave. in the low thirties. Titled "The City" it was the only painting shown by this artist that had colors - golds, reds and greens. Others by him were all black and white renditions of the NYC waterfront. It is still a favorite of mine-being the first painting I bought for my brand new upper East Side apartment- just after college and my military service.

Comment

I have one I bought at an estate sale. Random (ish) cityscape, but from this thread, I'm guessing it's NYC. Anyone know if these are with anything? Don't care that much as I really love it, but I am curious.

Comment

My father received a NYC skyline painting in 1969 from his office staff as he was departing for London. We were looking at the painting just now as it was taken down to avoid damage as the roof was be shingled. It is 42" wide by 8.8" tall and depicts both sides of the river in gold tones with a few red, green, blue, and tiny orange details. On the back was a typed note describing the artist; Michael Satya, a Japanese American artist aged 44, originally from San Francisco. It also says that he had been living in NY for about 7 years and has become very popular. It mentions that several of his larger 4' by 4' and 5' by 5' paintings are hanging in the Sperry Rand and Honeywell and other large corporation collections of American contemporary art. Finally, it says that apart from an occasional still life, he paints only New York Skylines.

Comment

Thank you so much for the info! I, too, have a NY painting signed SATYA and always wondered about the artist.

Comment

Have one as well, but does anyone actually have info on the artist? Just see posts of schlubs that own one. Hahaha

Trying to see if any value!

Comment

But does anyone know about the painter??? Seems like just a bunch of us schlubs that own one.

Trying to find out if any value to it!!!

Comment

I have one as well. NYC skyline in muted grays with highlights in reds and yellows. 3 high by 4 high. In my condo at Lake Tahoe. Purchased by my parents in mid 60s. When my parents passed away I took it as a remembrance of them. I love it!

Comment

Also have a Satya view of Manhattan and East and West rivers from the water. It is orangey and very abstract. It's unframed and about 36"x24". Is it worth anything?

Comment

I have one, too. Just lovely, everyone asks about it. Definite cityscape, picked out by my parents decorator in NY in mid sixties.

Comment

Schlubs for Satya. Has a ring to it.

Comment

Hi I have a lg watercolor Satya 36x108

Comment

Does anyone know the cash value of Satya paintings? Been all over internet and can't find the value. I have hand painted horses on silk

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X