A. Mariani Artist/Two Italian Coastal Fishing Scenes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. Mariani Artist/Two Italian Coastal Fishing Scenes

I have been trying to find out more about an artist by the name of A. Mariani. I saw these two paintings today, I noticed that the canvases were attached to the stretchers with nails, rather than staples, and that they were badly rusted, indicating a certain degree of aging. Of course, it's entirely possible that the nails were used to simulate age, but probably unlikely. I have done Google image searches on both and come up empty. I have searched for A. Mariani and found several references to a couple of different artists of that name who lived and worked from the late 1800s into the early 1900s, and I have found a few auction sites that list the sales of similar items by A. Mariani, but no images are available for comparison. Both are similar fishing boat/coastal scenes with boats and images that seem to lean toward late 19th century Italy, but beyond that, I am lost. I would appreciate any help the members can offer. My thanks in advance to one and all.
    Attached Files

For whatever it might be worth, I also just noticed that the stretchers are stamped (very faintly) "Made in Italy". Also, if this information helps, the places were the stretchers come together are reinforced with cut wedges of wood (photo attached).
    Attached Files

Comment

please check this: http://clemens.pl/przedmioty/45-andr...ni-marynistyka

Comment

Ever get any info on your A. MARIANI painting?

Comment

He was born in Florence Italy in 1930. He studied painting in his home town and preferred to paint outdoors spending a lot of time traveling. ( I read this off the back of one of his paintings )

Comment

how much is it worth? I have one of his painting also.

Comment

I have a similar situation, although mine is signed by a N. Mariani. Same kind of theme with the coastal scenes. All I can find is that there was a family of Mariani's that were all Italian artists. Can't find anything about N. Mariani in particular though. Just a V. Mariani and a G. Mariani. I too would love to find out more info on the artist and painting I have.

Comment

I have an N.Mariani as well boat scene - no info either ??? Anyone know anything

Comment

Hi, I have a similar painti

Comment

I have an A Mariano painting also would like to know value, any idea where there is some information?

Comment

The painter is A Mariani and is very similar to fishing sea scapes I have seen on line.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      x
                      Working...
                      X