Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant identify oil painting- Signed "ANDRE"

Hey everyone I am new here but this painting is driving me crazy. I can't find anything about the artist or where this painting comes from. Please help! It is signed just "ANDRE".

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	527.2 KB
ID:	65120 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	601
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	65119

that kinda looks like an É (e acute ) at the end
    Check out the middle pic here (sig) http://www.bucksngems.co.za/mandela-...roduct_id=1132
    I can't find anything else about him though

Comment

I don't think that signature is really a match, although it's hard to tell because of all caps and the difference between oil and pastel signatures. It does definitely look like ANDRÉ, though.

Comment

You should compare this painting currently for sail on ebay by ANDRÉ.
        We have one very much like it that was bought in the late 60's? in Southern California, but have found no further info about the artist.

original oil painting by ANDRE in Art, Art from Dealers & Resellers, Paintings | eBay

Comment

Did you figure out who ANDRE' was? I have on too and can't find anything on him.

Comment

Artist signed Bai La

Comment

Go to www.ARTISTSIGNATURES.COM and type in the artist to look through a varites of signatures under that name. Hope this will help, "GOOD LUCK"!!!!!

Comment

Paul André Jean Eschbach

Paul André Jean Eschbach, born in Paris in 1881, died in 1961. French School.

© Paul André Jean Eschbach, Effet Matin, 18x15 inches Original Oil Painting © Paul André Jean Eschbach, Effet Matin, Verso
                Above painting Circa 1958 size 8F (18×15″)

Paul André Jean Eschbach, born in Paris France in 1881, died in 1961. French School.
                Painter of genre, portraits, landscapes, seascapes, interiors, flowers.

He was a pupil of Jean-Paul Laurens in Paris and Pharaoh Abdon Leon de Winter Beaux-Arts in Lille. He regularly exhibited in Paris at the Salon of French Artists, of which he eventually became a member. He obtained in 1907 a third-class medal and a gold medal in 1920.

He taught at the Académie Julian from 1912 to 1938. Several Museums province retain its works. After 1920, he abandoned the interior scenes and genre, to which he was devoted. He painted many portraits and became known as a landscape. Quoting foremost his seascapes and snow effects. BENEZIT.

“… After portraits and genre scenes, until a trip to Italy in 1912, invites pleinairisme, Paul Eschbach-Marinist becomes landscape, adorning pearly radiance as shrouded nature serenity. Reflecting this development, collectors prefer his landscapes and seascapes. “GERALD SCHURR.

Comment

Did you ever find anything about this artist? I have one with the same subject matter if white column. I would like to know more about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I just purchased a painting at an antique fair with the same signature. And the style looks very look the ebay seller's painting.

Comment

I just purchased a painting by an artist with the same signature. And, the painting is very like the one listed on ebay. I am very curious who the actual artist is. It doesn't seem to be the artist credited on ebay. The painter mentioned in the details, when researched, seems to have a different signature.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I knew the artist... I have one of his paintings I bought from him in Spain. I don't know his last name, but his story is very interesting. He was born in Austria in the 30's and taken as a boy by the Germans to work in the concentration camps. He escaped and went to Portugal and eventually traveled all over Europe selling paintings to earn a living. I was stationed in Rota Spain when I met him. He was truly an amazing man and sold a great deal of paintings to American military. I bought a few from him to give as gifts and spent a lot of time visiting with him. I am honored to hang his art on my wall and have had my painting for almost 30 years.

Comment

How much is this painting worth. It looks like it's out of my price range.

Comment

I have a painting by Andre' whose signature is in lower bottom right corner. Been trying to research it. My husband says he bought it from a painter when he was stationed in Rota Spain.

Comment

I too have an oil painting by Andre' which was purchased in Rota Spain by my husband in the early to mid 80's. Signature is in bottom right corner. Here's the pic signature.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X