Cant identify oil painting- Signed "ANDRE"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have a painting by Andre'. My husband purchased it in Rota Spain in early to mid 80's.

Comment

I have 2 paintings signed by the same artist "ANDRE"...I haven't done a whole lot of research on the paintings or the artist, but from what I can see, this artist had a significant impact on the industry. I would love to know more if you find anything in him/her. The paintings I have are both hand painted water color design and color harmony...they were verified through Eastern Art Products out of Chicogo, as well as Rubaiyat Creation "EAP". I would really like to get my paintings appraised.

Comment

I have an Andre too. A beautiful Paris street Click image for larger version

Name:	0613182255.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	90454 scene. I love it!

Comment

My family too has an J. ANDRE painting. As you can see it is from a different part of the same landscape as per No. 11 (Shantirose).
          My Mother remembers she bought it in The Hague in Holland and was told it was a French artist who paints a lot of scenes in Antibes, South of France, which is where she believes this is.

​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

My husband’s father had one of André’s paintings and we inherited it after hi passed away. I couldn’t find anything on artist beside this site. I try to find last name of artist and more about his work.
            Attached Files

Comment

The artist name is Francois Perilla, born 1874. I have two of his pastels. He was a French art historian and painter. He engaged in the study of Byzantine and modern Greek art.

Comment

How about Andre Daimier? He's French. The way your painting is signed is just like one signed by Daimier. Daimier is hard to find anything about, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                  I knew the artist... I have one of his paintings I bought from him in Spain. I don't know his last name, but his story is very interesting. He was born in Austria in the 30's and taken as a boy by the Germans to work in the concentration camps. He escaped and went to Portugal and eventually traveled all over Europe selling paintings to earn a living. I was stationed in Rota Spain when I met him. He was truly an amazing man and sold a great deal of paintings to American military. I bought a few from him to give as gifts and spent a lot of time visiting with him. I am honored to hang his art on my wall and have had my painting for almost 30 years.
                  I believe paintings are to be admired, not the signature. Purchasing because signature represents $ doesn't work for me, unless I'm turning it over (selling)..The above person has enjoyed his painting for 30 years..now that's saying something! Everyday is a treat!

Comment

Is same Artist painting? it looks like same signature.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bob311 View Post
                      Hey everyone I am new here but this painting is driving me crazy. I can't find anything about the artist or where this painting comes from. Please help! It is signed just "ANDRE".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n65120[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n65119[/ATTACH]
                      I have this orginal painting by Andre, of the Greek ruins with water behind it. I love this painting.

Comment

У меня есть картина ,подписанная j.andre.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                          У меня есть картина ,подписанная j.andre.
                          Google Translate says this post in Russian reads "I have a picture signed by j. andre"

Comment

I have Nautical painting by ANDR'E, been trying to find ing
                            fo on the artist, this forum is all i have found. so what it is the truth about this artist? the painting i have is huge and in a beautiful Italian frame

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x
                            Working...
                            X