Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is painter/artist Myrtle Miller

I found these in a storage unit I bought at auction. Who is this artist/painter

I Found One Too

I was wondering if you ever found out who the artist/painter Myrtle Miller was. I also found a painting by her..Please let me know..Thank You, J @ [email protected]

Comment

Who is Painter/artist Myrtie Miller

I have been also trying to find out more about her. My mother and I have a few paintings by her. My mother who is 80 told me my grandmother was very good friends with her daughter. We are from Buffalo, NY but my mom believes they were from Pennsylvania. She remembers as a child my Grandmas's friend giving some of her Mom's paintings to my Grandma (which we have now). She also remembers a story of how her paintings were in a gallery and the gallery was robbed along with some of her paintings. Not sure of the timeline, but was guessing 120-1940. Her daughter's name was Marge. Too bad Grandma wasn't around to ask.
      I have a few outdoor paintings and a few florals.
      If you learn of anything more please let me know.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        I was wondering if you ever found out who the artist/painter Myrtle Miller was. I also found a painting by her..Please let me know..Thank You, J @ [email protected]
        I have been trying to find out more about the artist as well because my mother and I have a few paintings and it has baffled me for years. I do have some info, though. We are from Buffalo, Ny. My Mom who is 80 received the paintings from my grandmother who is deceased. My grandmother was friends with Myrtie's daughter Marge. Marge gave her some of her mother's paintings. We could be off but are guessing the timeline is between 1920-1940. My mother also remembers a story when she was younger that Myrtie had paintings hung in a gallery and the paintings were stolen. She believes the family may have been from Pennsylvania. Our paintings are outdoor scenes and a floral. I also have one with a card attached to the back eith Myrtie's name and the name of the painting is "Rugged Pennsylvania". As a child my Grandma had this hung above her sofa and I remember laying on the sofa imagining I was walking on the road in the forest in the painting!

Comment

Myrtle Miller paintings

I am still looking for any info on artist Myrtle Miller.. I have two paintings done by her and they are signed . Bought them at an auction in dallas.

Thanks

Comment

M. Miller

Originally posted by Unregistered

I too am looking for more info on myrtle miller.

Comment

Myrtle Miller paintings

Do you have any idea what year your paintings are from?
              I haven't heard anyone elses feedback on this artist. If you would like to send me your email I can send you pics of the paintings and maybe you can send me likewise.

Comment

Who is painter/artist Myrtle Miller

Yes, if you would like to send pics that would be great and I will send mine also.

Comment

My husband is from Buffalo, NY and his great grandmother was a painter named Myrtle Miller. She was very popular on the art show circuit in Western NY in the 1950's & 1960's. She won many awards for her florals and landscapes. She was very talented. She also painted Christmas cards for her friends and relatives for many years. We would love to see the paints you have by her. We have been checking the internet for years to see we could locate any information about her but this site is the first place we've been able to locate anyone familiar with her work.

Comment

Myrtle Miller Paintings

Hi,
                    I have attached pics of the paintings. Let me know if you think these are hers.
                    It's amazing how much you can find via Internet!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, these are hers. She was so good. Happy you are enjoying them.

Comment

I just now after several years found this website again. I have two paintings by Myrtle Miller that I purchased at a Dallas auction. I appreciate the person who posted 3 of hers here online... Looks like the same signature that is on mine. If anyone wants to exchange information and pics you can contact me at
                        [email protected] ... When I figure out how to post them here on this webpage I will ..... until then please let's exchange email and information.
                        Thanks to all my post here was as nnelggd

Comment

Myrtle Miller Waiting 3/50 79 on front of painting.. Robert e klein Hadley, PA I have this painting... rectangle with cameo of myrtle waiting... love to know some thing about it...

Comment

gator2014 there is currently a painting my Myrtie Miller on a MAXSOLD auction from Rochester, NY. It is the HEATHERSTONE LANE auction...lot#0198. Thought you may be interested. Thanks!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x
                            Working...
                            X